CHAT-N-BOBBLE

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

Peggy180

Re: CHAT-N-BOBBLE

Post by Peggy180 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:29 pm

Thank you for that, lovinnature, and for everyone who has posted today. I have no words. ❤️🦅
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:40 am

Hi everybody
if i can , i let it
Or you can erase it, no problem
2023-02-06_17h18_04.jpg
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Laura G.

Post by Laura G. » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:37 am

lovinnature wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:34 pm
Hello lauraG. :wave: Thank you for the scaps of the lovely eagles. Two egg that's great ! Sorry, I can not answer your question about this nest and how it went last year, as I have never watched it.
Maybe next time when you post your scaps, you would also add the link to the nest. I would like to look in there. :)
Hi lovinnature!
I haven't been in the forums since my last post, and it may be a while until I have new Duke Farms pics because I don't think there's too much activity to document right now. But so you have it: https://www.dukefarms.org/making-an-impact/eagle-cam/

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:24 am

LauraG,
Looks like some incubating going on at Duke Farms. Thanks for sharing with us.

Everyone else, good morning, still hoping for a miracle.
Best wishes,

She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:19 am

:( Does anyone know why both cameras are down. I do hope it is a glitch that will be fixed and not that they were turned off on purpose. We all need those cameras so much right now. It was all we had.

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:30 am

Hi LazyParrot,
Looks like there’s a chat this morning if you want to ask, opening at 8:30. I think last night they mentioned there were problems.
Best wishes,

She/her

Sunnybird1995

Post by Sunnybird1995 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:52 am

Hello Everybirdy!
It is nice to "see" all of you. :)
I am here, just don't feel up to posting these days.
Peggy's weather is just like it is here in IL.
Still looking for E9 :rh: October 12, 2019
Harriet Forever :brknhrt: March 2023

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:10 am

:wave: Good morning Sunnybird. I understand. I don't feel much like posting either. But---let me tell you that I did get a boost by looking at E22 this morning. My most fervent hope is that E22 will survive to pass on those wonderful Harriet genes---that's what Harriet and M15 worked so hard for this year. If M15 has the stamina to keep doing what he is doing, I think it will happen. That's what E22 is striving for also and I think it has the "smarts" to pull it off. Its intelligence and strong will remind me of E20, who, in my opinion was the smarter eagle last season. Do you remember how E19 dominated E20 last year and E20 found ways to get what it needed? That's just what I see E22 beginning to do. AND--Really, who has seen such a young eaglet try to self-feed?
Sorry your weather is not good. Sure that does not help one's mood. Get outside as soon as there is some sunshine--it has great mood healing powers. :hug:

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:18 am

Hi sunnybird, I totally get it. It feels like I lost a family member. Weather here in NY is insane. Pretty mild for Feb after the scary cold we had last week. Did you send that wind from Chicago? The unusual thing for me here was seeing huge numbers of robins frantically flying around in the wind. Maybe it blew them out of their hiding places?

Anyway GM to everyone and hope it’s a good day. I’m going to try to catch Dr Sasse’s talk on FB later at 9 pm. I remember when he visited the nest a few years ago.
Best wishes,

She/her

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:45 am

Good morning Sunnybird, LazyParrot and Peggy.
I have nothing to say either, but was nice to see you all this morning. Wanted to say Hi.
It is so hard to even function and carry on with daily life. Like everyone I am heart broken.
The weather here is crazy too. 55° today after being -5° last week. Maybe that means spring is around the corner soon.
Peggy our Robins go south for the winter. I haven't noticed any back yet, but I haven't really been looking.
Some years they do come this early. I am always glad to see them when they do. Because I believe they can tell the weather better then the weather people. ;)

Have a peaceful and blessed day, Bobble friends and everyone ! :hug:
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:03 am

:wave: Lovinnature. Glad to see you. Hope you get some sunshine. :hug:
P.S. If you hear anything about Cam 3 please let me know. Sweetie says Hi Lo---her combination of hi and hello. :)

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:35 am

Good morning all. Happy Thursday
Hello from "warm" windy, and drenching rainy Mi.
I ran across some 'Quirky Facts About Michigan That Sound Made Up, But Are 100% Accurate".
1. Michigan has flying squirrels. but are rarely seen because they are nocturnal animals.
2. Gerber baby food started in Fremont, Michigan in 1927.
3. Michigan has the only working Dutch windmill in the United States. (Holland, MI is known for being a Dutch community and is famous for its Tulip Time festival. A popular place to visit is Windmill Island Gardens which has many impressive tulip fields).
**Sue another beautiful place to see up here. :) When tulips are blooming it is a sea of all different colors, as far as you can see.
4. We are called the Wolverine State. But we have no wolverines left here. (I'm not sure whether this fact is completely true). :chin:
5. The Mitten State, has one of four Olympic size luge tracks in the United States.
6. Michigan is home to the world’s largest weathervane. Montague. MI is the proud owner of a 4,300-pound weathervane.
It is the largest in the world.
7. Michigan has two native cactus species. The Prickly Pear and the Eastern Prickly Pear can be found in forest in Mi.
In case you would like to read more and see the pictures of above named things.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/ ... fad5138b47

Hello LP, and Sweetie Hi-Lo. :D (thanks for the laugh).

Today is...
National Pizza Day (we have really good pizza too)

Have a blessed day everyone. keep our eagles in your good thoughts and prayers. :rh:
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:51 am

Good morning everyone. Nice to hear from you Lovinnature. Sweetie got her pedicure and beak polishing this morning. Oh boy, she has new feet (long nails gone) and can perch much better--also can sit on my hand without making holes in my skin. :)

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:12 am

Good Thursday morning! Lovinnature, Michigan is quite the state! And LP I’m getting a kick out of Sweetie’s spa day :)

I watched Dr Sasse and some of the “locals” from the nest area last night. Very interesting historical context and they’re still looking for Harriet. ❤️🦅

Have a great day everyone!
Best wishes,

She/her

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:55 am

:tea: It was a good morning for the eaglets -- both have very full crops from 2 nice fresh fish (one was still alive).
:wave: Hi Peggy. Hope your day is pleasant and that you see some sunshine.
:wave: Hi SueMac. Don't see much of you on this page. Hope to see a little more of you soon and that you are feeling well.
:wave: HiLo Lovinnature. Have a good day.
:wave: Sunnybird. We miss you and your morning posts. Please feel better soon and come back.

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”