CHAT-N-BOBBLE

An area to chat and keep in touch with people you meet in the more formal areas of the board

Moderator: Garden Fence TA's

LazyParrot4

Re: CHAT-N-BOBBLE

Post by LazyParrot4 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:31 pm

:w00t: Oh iiiick. I just peeked at the nest and there is that awful ACF. It is uglier than the pelt!

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:16 pm

Sorry you couldn't get into the article. It was about a philosopher named Martha Nussbaum who wrote about animals having legal rights.It's interesting and probably controversial. You can google her if you're interested and have time. Otherwise, as for weather it is almost February and so we should be having cold weather. It's been very weird having so much mild weather and then suddenly a wave of bitter cold will come for a short time. Hopefully our local eagles will deal with it ok. All that being said I'm sure in a few days I'll be :cold1:

:)
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:12 am

Good morning everyone.
Does anyone know what this body of water is across the street from the nest? pond, canal, river ?????
eagles water behind housing dev 11-01-2022.jpg
s'cap taken on 11-01-2022

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:18 am

:wave: :hooray: So happy January is over.
Now to get through February and to warmer weather. Mr. Groundhog is getting ready for tomorrow's big reveal.
Will he or won't he see his shadow? Could you imagine a camel predicting spring? :chin:
Presentation1.jpg
Lazy Parrot- That is the Caloosahatchee River. It was never that visible from the cams before.
Ian took a lot of the tree coverage out. When Harriet and M15 go southeast that is usually where they are headed.

:bye 1: Have a morning appointment- be back later!
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
Native American Proverb

Harriet gone, yet not forgotten. Forever in our hearts. :brknhrt:

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:32 am

:ty: for the info about river Suemac.
:ohmy: Peggy. That woman is deep. Would require months to understand all that she is about. Sure many would find her threatening. Too bad for them. She probably could teach us a thing or two. Have you read about her on the Wikipedia site? If not, here is the link for you and anyone else that might be interested.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Nussbaum
:wave: Good morning Lovinnature. Miss hearing from you. Hope you are warm and safe.
:wave: Hi Sunnybird. Hope you are safe and warm as well.

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:06 am

Good morning everyone. Happy Hump Day !
No matter what the ground hog says tomorrow. I don't trust him. :)

:wave: Hello LP. Re: snow. That's pretty funny ! "Can I still go to work" ? :mihihi:
Oh yes I can. The objective word is CAN. I can always get there, but do I want to ? I have driven to work in 15 inches of snow with blizzard warnings. That is one thing about living up north. You learn how to be a real good driver in the snow. It has to be extremely deep snow or icy before they close anything. As cold as it is today, at least the sun is out.
That's not saying much, but at this time of year it's a big bonus ! :sunny:
The Caloosahatchee River is where zoomie sometimes shows us the draw bridge when it's up. I want to say, I've heard it is about a mile away ? But that could just be a false memory. ;)

:wave: Hello Peggy. Last weekend I was watching 'North Woods Law' on the animal planet channel. The game warden explained his job this way... All the animals in his state are wards of the state, and it is his job to protect their rights. I never heard it put that way before. Thought it was very interesting. ALL animals have rights. I want to be a Game Warden when I grow up !

Today is...
National Serpent Day. 🐍
Today gives snakes and serpents alike, their slithering due. Across religions and cultures, the serpent has been used as a symbol of evil, medicine, fertility, and much more.

HAG8D all !
:bye 1:

Don't forget to look for the Green Comet tonight.
Last edited by lovinnature on Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harriet . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:34 am

Thanks for any insights about Nussbaum. Watching Mr Josh so not time to write much. HAGD!
Best wishes,

She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:00 am

:( Well, this is a sad day. Not much food for the little ones yesterday and as of almost 2PM none today. They seem very calm now, but I would sure hate to be to one that finally brings food to the nest. Hope E22 is brave and can stand up for itself.

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:19 am

:rh: :rh: Today (Friday Feb. 3) is National Wear Red Day to stress heart health.

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:43 am

Good morning, Lazy Parrot, and everyone! Definitely good to recognize wear red day :rh:
Best wishes,

She/her

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:48 am

Lovinnature---- :hug: :luck:

LazyParrot4

Post by LazyParrot4 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:50 pm

:wave: Hi Peggy. There is a hole in our hearts today. :brknhrt: Glad you have that baby to cuddle. Must be a comfort.

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:59 pm

I can’t go there, Lazy Parrot. We’ve been through this before and I’m hoping we’ll see Harriet soon.
:grhug:
Best wishes,

She/her

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:45 pm

Hello everyone. There is a story on Wink News about Harriet. Thought you all might want to see/read. Here is the link for it.
"Beloved Southwest Florida eagle Harriet missing for more than 24 hours".
https://www.winknews.com/2023/02/03/bel ... -24-hours/
PUBLISHED: FEBRUARY 3, 2023 9:30 PM EST
© WINK NEWS
Thank you Wink News.
Harriet . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:23 pm

A news story about Harriet. Includes Quotes from Ginnie Pritchett McSpadden.
https://www.news-press.com/story/news/e ... edRedesign

May you all have peace for your hearts, as we pray for Harriet to safely come home. :rh:
Have a good night. :grhug:

Return to “Garden Fence Chat”