The most important gathering of world leaders on climate change is happening right now at COP24.
And Justin Trudeau isn’t there.
When the cameras roll and the world watches, he says all the right things. But behind closed doors, here is what he’s actually done:
• Bought an old pipeline with $4.5 billion dollars of taxpayer money.
• Ignored the dire warnings of UN climate scientists and refused to set ambitious (well, actually… any) climate targets.
• Created a carbon-price plan that gives special treatment to the worst polluters (wealthy oil conglomerates) and lets 80 percent of oil emissions go scot-free.
Trudeau acts as if we have time to debate what’s politically convenient. We don’t. Time is not on our side here. This summer alone we saw record heatwaves and flooding across the country. We saw freak tornadoes hit Ottawa and raging wildfires claim B.C. We mourned global climate refugees and deaths.
Now, we have 12 years to hold average global warming to no more than 1.5 degrees Celsius or face deadly environmental catastrophe. David, when it comes to our future, we can’t afford Trudeau’s climate procrastination and “politically balanced” (toothless) approach.
We only have time to do what’s environmentally necessary. And for that, I need your help. What the Green Party raises in the next two weeks will determine the kind of change we can realize in the next year. Can you make a donation today?
The climate crisis will not be solved in Poland this week. The climate crisis will be solved when Canada and others show real climate leadership. And to do that, we need to elect leaders who put our global future above short-term, petty partisan games. We must band together to secure a Green caucus for 2019.
I know you’re frustrated by the glacial pace of climate progress. I am too, which is why I’m asking you to chip in $50.00 so that we can get more Greens into government and start taking the steps we both know Canada needs to take.
In solidarity and action,
Climate Change Critic
Green Party of Canada
P.S. Don’t forget, that after your generous tax credit, your donations cost you less. Join our movement. Donate today.
[Note - donations to political parties are not tax-deductible in the US. ~JudyB]
Discussions of issues with man's interactions with the planet
- Hancock Wildlife Foundation Website Links
- ↳ HWF Home
- ↳ Home - Comments
- ↳ HWF News
- ↳ HWF News - Comments
- ↳ Bald Eagle / Habitat Legal Issues
- ↳ Croydon Eagle Nest Destruction Mitigation Effort
- ↳ Eagle Info
- ↳ Eagle Info - Comments
- ↳ Live Tracking
- ↳ Live Tracking - Comments
- ↳ Projects
- ↳ Projects - Comments
- ↳ About Us
- ↳ About Us - Comments
- ↳ Donations
- ↳ Donations - Comments
- ↳ Volunteers
- ↳ Volunteers - Comments
- ↳ Website Comments
- ↳ Website Topics - Comment Here
- ~Important Links~
- Welcome to the New Forum!
- ↳ Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
- ↳ H.W.F. Forum Site Map
- ↳ Practice Area
- ↳ ~Transition to New Website~
- ↳ Request a New Thread
- ↳ Technical Help
- HWF Community Information
- ↳ H.W.F. Forum News
- ↳ H.W.F. Social Events
- ↳ Festivals of Eagles, Birds and Nature
- ↳ Hancock's Comments From The Field
- ↳ HWF Forum Announcements
- Hancock Live Web Cameras
- ↳ Delta #2 ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
- ↳ Harrison Mills ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
- ↳ Lafarge ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
- ↳ Surrey Reserve ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
- ↳ White Rock ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
- ↳ Chehalis - Harrison Hatchery Cam
- Featured Cameras Hosted by Others
- ↳ South African Black Eagle Nest
- ↳ Australian White-Bellied Sea-Eagle
- ↳ South African Eagle Owls in Potted Plant Stand
- Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World
- ↳ Eagles - General Information, Q & A's and in the News
- ↳ Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
- ↳ Other North American Eagle Cams
- ↳ Other North American Nests with Ground Observers
- ↳ Eagle Cams Outside North America
- ↳ Other Eagle Pictures and Observations
- Raptors Other than Eagles
- ↳ Other Raptors -- Questions, Information and General Discussion
- ↳ Falcons
- ↳ Osprey
- ↳ Owls
- ↳ Other Raptors
- Other Birds and Wildlife
- ↳ Birds Other Than Raptors
- ↳ Other Wildlife
- ↳ Wildlife on the Trails, in Parks & Natural Areas
- ↳ Pandas
- Conservation and Wildlife News
- ↳ Conservation
- ↳ Planet Earth
- ↳ Wildlife News
- ↳ Raptor Mitigation
- H.W.F. Goes Wild in the Schools
- ↳ Teacher's Forum
- ↳ School Classrooms
- ↳ Classroom Resource Center
- Relaxation and Chat Area
- ↳ Garden Fence Chat
- ↳ Games Room
- ↳ Creative Inspiration
- H.W.F. Archives
- ↳ Archive - Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
- ↳ Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams
- ↳ Archive - Other Birds and Wildlife