General Conservation Issues

For the discussion of general wildlife conservation issues, with a focus on actions and solutions.
gemini
Admin

General Conservation Issues

Post by gemini » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:03 pm

Posted per David Hancock's request.

The 10 Essential Messages About Drought Guide

Warter.jpg

Have you heard that B.C. just declared a Level 3 drought for watersheds along the coast?

I don’t know about you, but after the droughts of 2015 and 2017, I’m starting to get worried that we’re not doing enough to build up our resilience to drought to protect people and ecosystems.

As droughts increasingly become the “new normal” in B.C., we need ensure that we are doing all we can to communicate the impacts of drought and engage our communities around solutions to build resilience. That’s why the Our Water B.C. team developed the 10 Essential Messages about Drought guide.

With a B.C. focus on drought, the guide offers Problem, Solution and Outcome messages that, when combined, create a compelling narrative to use in media communications, community engagement and government relations.
I know that mobilizing your audience with compelling narratives is important to you, even though it may feel like a tall order during a busy season of freshwater work. With recent declarations of “very dry conditions” throughout much of the province, now is the time to ensure community members and decision-makers hear the message: We need stronger action to defend against long-term impacts of drought.

Stay tuned for an upcoming webinar that will walk through creating locally-grounded narratives based on the 10 Essential Messages about Drought guide.

PS. I personally invite you to send any questions and comments related to this guide to me anytime, at [email protected]. I’ll be stoked to hear from you!

Sincerely,
Megan
B.C. Communications Lead
Our Water BC - Canadian Freshwater Alliance
http://www.freshwateralliance.ca/
-=-=-
Canadian Freshwater Alliance, a project on the Tides Canada shared platform ·

Return to “Conservation”