Wildlife from Other Places

Backyard Critters and other wildlife discussion
JudyB
Admin

Wildlife from Other Places

Post by JudyB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:37 am

This thread is intended for pictures and observations of wildlife you see in your travels, especially species that are new and different to you. It's also a great place to put pictures of wildlife that don't seem to fit anywhere else.

We also have a Backyard Critters thread for people to share pictures of the wildlife they see in their local area.

gemini
Admin

Re: Wildlife from Other Places

Post by gemini » Fri May 19, 2023 1:48 pm

Humpback Comeback – The Return of Humpback Whales to the Salish Sea
By Bob Turner

Hello everybody,

I’ve just posted a new short movie on my YouTube channel: Humpback Comeback – The Return of Humpback Whales to the Salish Sea.  The movie is a tribute to these remarkable animals, and the wonderful, hopeful electricity they spark in us. The movie starts with what I saw from a beach on our island in December, when three young whales played for several hours just offshore. It then switches to a week I spent off northern Vancouver Island watching the most energetic humpback feeding I have ever witnessed. Of course both are part of the remarkable, inspiring surge of humpback visits into the Salish Sea in recent years. Hope you enjoy it.  

https://youtu.be/XvCuL-coVOM

Please share the link to this movie with anyone you think might be interested. If you are interested in more Salish Sea nature movies, check out my ‘Bob Turner’ YouTube channel and Our Salish Sea website. If you don’t wish to be on this email list, my apologies. Just let me know and I will take you off.

Thanks

Bob Turner

Return to “Other Wildlife”