To store all archived 'Other North American Eagle Cams' topics

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

Journi
Topic Assistant

Re: SW Florida Eagle Cam 2020~2021

Post by Journi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:40 am

wskrsnwings wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:08 am
Hello everyone. I did go to the nest yesterday and had my post written and previewed but I evidently never submitted/posted it. I am so sorry. Here it is:

:vid: VIDEO: https://youtu.be/L7CW3Z2rALk

Harriet & M15 Keep Us Guessing... They Visit Both Nests 09-14-21

Harriet & M15 perched in the nest tree overnight before dropping to the nest to check it out and rearrange and aerate some. Harriet flew out to grab a stick or maybe a bird but returned to the west pasture snag by N2 (nest 2) empty taloned. M15 flew to N2 to check it out while Harriet watched him from above. While they were over there both added a stick to N2 before flying through the tree line and out of my sight. H & M have taken sticks to N2 for the past few seasons in the fall when they are rebuilding the original nest but have always chosen the original nest to lay eggs in. Remember eagles are compulsive nest builders and it is not unusual for them to have more than one nest built in their territory.

6.52.28MHn1.jpg8.02.52HMn2BEAKS.jpg
:eag: Good Morning Vicki!

:announce: "The New Video Is Here...The New Video Is Here!" ;)

Thank you for sharing your new video with us... and, Thank you so much for showing us that Harriet & M15 are still giving their attention to the second nest (N2) and for your clear explanation as to why some eagles do this.

I knew you would post your new video soon and I did see it posted in the Pritchett's website! Thank you! :hug: ~Journi
Click to enlarge s'caps
Beautiful Harriet is my avatar ~ HW Member since 2015
Celebrating E14's short but beautiful life while here on Earth in Season 8 - SWFEC
(Please avoid rodenticides to control pests!)

wskrsnwings

Post by wskrsnwings » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:56 am

Thank you all!! :grhug:
VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:02 am

:eag: As we draw closer to Season 10 starting, remember to keep checking the Pritchett's website for any new
information about when their Cams will start streaming live...
And you can, also, check for any new information from the SWFEC Moderators (and see when Vicki/wskrsnwings posts her new videos) in their SWFEC chat and information box.

(Also, Mary and I will share any new information, as it comes available, for everyone here in the forum!) :grhug: ~Journi

https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
(This is the SWFEC Moderators chat and information box:)
P chatbox.PNG
P chatbox.PNG (32.13 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
Click to enlarge s'caps
Celebrating E14's short but beautiful life while here on Earth in Season 8 - SWFEC

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:36 pm

:ty: Journi! Great info where to find updates! I've been checking everyday since the season ended :D don't want to miss anything :announce: Come on live stream, season 10! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

Peggy180

Post by Peggy180 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:47 pm

Thanks, Journi!!! ❤️🦅
Best wishes,

Peggy :)
She/her

In loving memory of Ozzie & Harriet, “May you soar on eagle wings, high above the madness of the world."--Jonathan Lockwood Huie ❤️

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:28 pm

:eag: Thanks Lovinnature and Peggy! :wave:

I thought it might be good to post that information since we may have some new readers to our HW SWF forum.
(Just trying to keep everything organized here, and people informed, so that we all have a fun and enjoyable place to gather as
we watch what Harriet and M15 (and their little ones) do so well...Being AWESOME Bald Eagles!
🦅
Click to enlarge s'caps

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 pm

:eag: 9/16/21 - Happy Thursday Everyone! :eag:
5 6 21 17t 18b Vicki vid.PNG
5/6/21 - E17 (L) and E18 were 103 days old.

Photo captured from Vicki O's 5/6/21 video:
SWFL Eagles_Lookin 4 Food: E17 Goes At Crow/Pond Visits/E's Fly To Adult/Vie 4 Food On Ground 5-6-21
(Thank you Vicki for your permission to post.)
:vid: https://youtu.be/0VbDiA5lfLs
<<<-------------------------------------- :hi: ------------------------------------->>>
Welcome to our Hancock Wildlife SWFEC 2021 Summer Forum Everyone! 🌴
Thank you Everyone for visiting our Hancock Wildlife SWFEC Summer Forum today and...
Thank you to Everyone who share your wonderful "Season 9 Memory Book" s'caps & posts with us each day!
And a special "Thank You" VickiO for visiting the nest tree area this summer and then sharing your wonderful videos with us!
Have a great day! ~Journi and MaryF
🦅. . . . . . . . . . . .E17 & E18 are 236 days old today.. . . . . 🦅

wf16.PNG
wf16.PNG (28.27 KiB) Viewed 2067 times

Click to enlarge s'caps

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:44 am

:eag: Neighborhood Crows!
(If you're too close to my nesting area...I'll chase you!............. And, I do like fish!) ;)

5/7/21 - 10:42am - M15 was delivery a partial fish to nest while being chased by a neighbor crow...
E17 and E18 were in their nest ready to claim that fish! E17 took possession of the fish piece.
5 7 21 1042a m pf  crow 1718 ready315 (2).PNG
4/30/21 - 2:24pm - E18 did not particularly like being chased by neighbor crows either! :no:
43021 224p e18 crowchase 95 (2)j.png
Click to enlarge s'caps

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:32 am

Good morning eagle peeps! Happy Thursday! Comment on VickiO' video 9/14/21. It was very interesting how M :rh: tried to pull down the vines in nest 2. Was he trying to tidy up ? I was happy the vines held strong in place :thumlft:
*question; Why did they remove the OCT, but have left the old fig tree that came down a few years ago?? Maybe a crafty person can get a piece of wood from the OCT, and make a memo sign with it??
Q #2 : do we know if 'they' went up in nest tree and tapped on that IR light, so the nighttime halo goes away?
Q#3: I keep getting this when I try to log on to Pritchett site :w00t: won't even let me in at all ! Then sometimes it works.?? Does anyone have suggestions?
Screenshot_20210906-095609.png
I have been using this bookmark for years! Tried typing in search box, instead, get same thing. Even in incognito mode?? I have cleaned cache, cookies, history... If I do get in, the videos have no sound, and NO sound button to turn on?? :puzz: Would appreciate any help!
*Sorry Mary, Journi, if I jumped too far off the eagle wagon ;) Everyone have a great day! :bye 1: peeps!
H . "We are eagles of one nest. The nest is in our soul." Led Zeppelin (Ten Years Gone)

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:36 am

:eag: Lovinnature - Good morning....

I don't know why you're getting that... I tried my Pritchett book-mark that I've used for Season 9, which is on my PC, and I get connected directly to their webpage. Are you using a phone or a PC?
(Looks like you need to check your "Chrome's Privacy Settings"...?)

(Is there anyone else experiencing this problem that Lovinnature is having?) :chin:

And to answer your question: "Why did they remove the OCT, but have left the old fig tree that came down a few years ago??..."
I would say that you would have to ask the Pritchett's that question since those trees were on their property.

I hope you figure out what is going on with getting onto the Pritchetts web page. ~Journi
https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

Click to enlarge s'caps

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:16 am

Hello Journi! Have used same bookmark for at least 7 years? On a tablet. Privacy settings, been there done that, no go. :bashcomp: That's link I have. Will try a new bookmark with that again. Thank you for all info! Will pose the OCT question when chat opens. Didn't know if anyone there, reads here. So thought I'd ask. :bye 1:

:eag: There are many SWF forum readers who do not read or participate in the SWFEC Live Chats.
(So what is discussed in the SWFEC live chats and then discussed in this forum, will more than likely not be understood by those who do not visit/read the live chats.) :)

~Journi

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:23 am

OK Journi, that worked. Made new bookmark. Keep fingers crossed! Now is not the time to start having computer (tablet) issues! :ohmy: Thank again my eagle friend! :hug: Have a great day peeps!

:eag: Lovinnature...
So good to hear that you now have a new bookmark for the Pritchett's website! :thumlft:

Hope you're having a good day! :huggie: ~Journi

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:03 am

:wave: Good afternoon! Journi, lovinnature - I have no issues with the web page. I also wondered about the OCT.
The strangler fig has better branches for the nest and is a great photo op for visitors when the eagles land there. :)
As far as the camera, I don't think it is an IR light issue, but maybe a position issue.
Some have said that it is upside down. I am sure when or if they already have tested the cams,
they will correct it. Since they did a sneak preview, I suspect they have. But we shall see....

4/22/21 E18 on strangler fig. Beautiful white-laced tail :love:
IMG_5618.JPG

So........ guess what I have been doing? :D :roll:
Collages of M15 :rh: for season 9. It was so difficult to cut it down to 25 s'cap images.
Did I ever mention that I love M's eyes? :wub:
M15 season 9.jpg
Season9 M15.jpg
*** a special addition for you lovinnature- do you see it? I bet Journi does! ***

:eag: Suemac... 🌕 (And that's not a Snickerdoodle Cookie!) ;)
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
Native American Proverb

Harriet gone, yet not forgotten. Forever in our hearts. :brknhrt:

lovinnature

Post by lovinnature » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Hello Suemac :wave: , I see a beautiful moon, shining on our handsome M15 :rh: ? I did mean, move the camera. Never heard about the upside down thing. If not, its ALL good, I will still keep watching!! Agreed, the fig does have many lovely, useful branches! Thanks for collages of M15 :rh: with his alluring eyes! :love: Have a great one my Ohio eagle friend :hug: :bye 1:

Suemac

Post by Suemac » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:36 pm

And finally..... :rh: Harriet and M15 :rh: , the "power" couple collage
harrietandm15season9.jpg

And saving the best for last- Queen Harriet :rh: (This collage in purple for Mary F.)
Harriet season 9.jpg

....and a collage in pink because " Pink isn't just a color. It's an attitude too." (Miley Cyrus)
I would say Harriet has an attitude. :roll:
Harrietseason9a.jpg
:mihihi: snickerdoodle :mihihi: Good one Journi!
lovinnature we have a major migration of broad-tailed hawks coming from Michigan
over Ohio headed south. Harvest moon is 9/20/21.

:bye 1: :grhug:
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
Native American Proverb

Harriet gone, yet not forgotten. Forever in our hearts. :brknhrt:

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”