Minnesota DNR Eagle Cam 2018-2019

This area is for recording observations and photos of eagle cams in North America

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

JudyB
Admin

Re: Minnesota DNR Eagle Cam 2018-2019

Post by JudyB » Fri May 03, 2019 11:12 am

May 3, 2019

I've been trying to catch up on what's been happening on some of the nests that don't have recent posts, and I found an article (https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/03/ ... lies-coop/) from March 27 which said that the long-time female disappeared around March 20, perhaps because of competition from other eagles; it didn't say, but I believe the male some observers were calling Bill left at the same time. There was a raccoon visiting the nest fairly regularly, or so it seemed - and that may have encouraged the resident pair to look for a safer spot to lay their eggs. There are local photographers who follow these eagles, so if they have a new nest, it may be discovered eventually.

The article said that a new pair took over the nest almost immediately, and I think from the posts on Facebook that they are still being seen at the nest - but I don't think they've laid any eggs, and it's getting pretty late for that, although the MN DNR says eggs are possible well into May.

If anyone knows more about the events here, please post. Thanks!

Return to “Other North American Eagle Cams”