Field Rd Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC - 2019-2022 seasons

To store all archived 'Nests in BC - with Ground Observers' topics
heatherj
Content Provider

Re: Field Rd Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC - 2019-2022 seasons

Post by heatherj » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:11 am

Catching up on some old observations for this pair!

Lots of activity in and out of the nest in early May with a possible eaglet sighting on May 15. But sadly after that, all activity at the nest stopped so I can only assume that the eaglet didn't make it. :(
HWF_FieldRd_20220515_5067.jpg
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

heatherj
Content Provider

Re: Field Rd Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC - 2019-2022 seasons

Post by heatherj » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:26 am

I have recently moved away from the Sunshine Coast so will no longer be able to report on this nest. :(

It was such a privilege to be able to watch this pair from my home and follow their successes and failures for nearly 10 years. I have really enjoyed following this pair and will miss being able to see them almost every day during the nesting season. I wish them all well in the future :rh:

The nest is on private property and is not visible from any public property but the pair and their eaglets do like to hang out on Field Rd and they can often be seen perched in the trees on the development lot from the roadside. I hope that they are able to continue to live alongside the development that is planned for that lot :luck:
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

Return to “Archive - Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”