Reay Creek Eagles, North Saanich BC - 2019/2020 Season

This area is for recording observations and photos of eagle nests in BC with Ground Observers.

Moderator: BC Nest CP's

sassyk
Content Provider

Reay Creek Eagles, North Saanich BC - 2019/2020 Season

Post by sassyk » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:48 pm

Welcome to the Reay Creek Eagles thread forthe 2019/2020 season. The property the nest tree is on is in a development area and was not accessible prior to this past season. The road to the development is now open and I was able to access the nest area earlier this year. The nest is in a Cottonwood tree close to the Pat Bay Highway and is viewable from the end of Deerbrush Crescent in the development. Reay Creek runs along the back of the subdivision near Peter Grant Park, adjacent to the Pat Bay Highway, then under the highway and out into the ocean just past the McTavish Road roundabout. Sadly, I did not have the opportunity to visit this nest at the end of this past nesting season but was told both eaglets fledged successfully.

The eagles have a second nest on private property on Lochside Drive, across the Pat Bay Highway. They have successfully fledged several eaglets from that nest in past seasons.

Observations and photos of these eagles for the 2018/2019 season can be viewed here.

Link to the 2017/2018 season here.
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for WiTS (Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

Return to “Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”