Coal Point Eagle Nest, North Saanich BC - 2019/2020 Season

This area is for recording observations and photos of eagle nests in BC with Ground Observers.

Moderator: BC Nest CP's

sassyk
Content Provider

Coal Point Eagle Nest, North Saanich BC - 2019/2020 Season

Post by sassyk » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Welcome to the Coal Point Eagles new thread for the 2019/2020 season. I have been aware of this nest which is on private property for a few years but didn't visit it until this past nesting season. According to a neighbour there have been many eaglets raised to fledging in this nest, and there were 2 eaglets this past season.

Observations, photos and videos of these eages are welcome on this thread if you visit the area.

Observations and photos of these eagles for the 2018/2019 season can be viewed here and here.
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for WiTS (Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Coal Point Eagle Nest, North Saanich BC - 2019/2020 Season

Post by sassyk » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:00 pm

I did a tour of the nests on the Saanich Peninsula yesterday. The nest looked like it had a few new sticks added.
Coal Pt. Nest.JPG

One of the adults was perched at the top of the nest tree on the other side and wasn't visible at first. Then it hopped to a lower branch and sat looking out at its territory and at us.
Coal Pt. Eagle(1).JPG
Coal Pt. Eagle(2).JPG
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for WiTS (Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

Return to “Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”