Southern Vancouver Island & Lower Mainland BC Eagle Nests - 2019/2020 Season

This area is for recording observations and photos of eagle nests in BC with Ground Observers.

Moderator: BC Nest CP's

sassyk
Content Provider

Southern Vancouver Island & Lower Mainland BC Eagle Nests - 2019/2020 Season

Post by sassyk » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:07 pm

Welcome to the Southern Vancouver Island & Lower Mainland BC Eagle Nests thread. This thread is a place to post observations, photos and videos of eagle nests in the Southern Vancouver Island and Lower BC Mainland area that do not have their own dedicated thread set up. Anyone observing a nest and its resident eagles is welcome to post their observations and photos on this thread. Please be respectful of owners who have nests on private property.

Observations and photos from previous seasons:

2018 Season here
2015 through 2018 seasons can be viewed here
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for WiTS (Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Southern Vancouver Island & Lower Mainland BC Eagle Nests - 2019/2020 Season

Post by sassyk » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:46 pm

I was over on the lower mainland BC on Sept. 30th, visiting Boundary Bay in Delta and Reifel Bird Sanctuary. I have photographed this nest in Delta a few times in the past and on Sept. 30th there was an adult eagle perched in the nest tree. The dark areas on the eagles head are shadows.
72nd St. Delta Eagle Nest.JPG
72nd St. Delta Eagle.JPG

There is a nest on the way to Reifel Bird Sanctuary, just before the bridge to Westham Island. There was 1 eagle perched in the nest tree on the way to Reifel and both eagles were perched in the nest tree when we came back. I wasn't able to stop for a photo of both eagles.
Westham Island Bridge Eagle Nest.JPG
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for WiTS (Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

Return to “Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”