If you visit the Field Rd nest in Wilson Creek on the Sunshine Coast, BC, Canada you are welcome to post comments and pictures here.
This nest was new to the forum in 2016 though the nest has been occupied at least since 2011 and probably a lot longer. The nest is in a big Douglas Fir on private property and any views from public property are from quite a distance or would require bushwacking through scrub. However from our property we have a peek-a-boo view of the back of the nest and as we have quite a few big trees around us we're quite well placed for observations of the activities of the adults and juveniles throughout the year. The pictures may not always be great but hopefully they'll be interesting!!
The nest is in the riparian area of Husdon Creek at the back of a big vacant lot on upper Field Rd. The nest tree can be seen from Field Rd but I haven't been able to see the actual nest as its hidden by foliage. The nest tree is a tall tree with a bent top circled in the picture below. Adult eagles can sometimes be seen sitting in the trees along Field Rd - I'm sure some of them are this couple.
- 2012/13 - 1 eaglet fledged on or before July 26
- 2013/14 - 1 eaglet fledged, date unknown
- 2014/15 - 1 eaglet fledged, date unknown
- 2015/16 - 1 eaglet fledged on or before July 23.
- 2016/17 - 1 eaglet fledged on or before July 15. Second eaglet fell from nest on Aug 11 but was rescued and taken to Gibsons WIldlife Rehab and OWL for rehab. He was released near his nest on Feb 1 2018. We all wish him a long and happy life living wild and free with many thanks to all that helped get him there
- 2017/18 - 1 eaglet fledged on or before July 16. Thread here
- 2018/19 - No eaglets seen or heard this season. Hoping for better luck next year