Pandora (Lafarge) Eagle Nest Discussion - Seasons 2019-2024

This area is for recording observations and photos of eagle nests in BC with Ground Observers.

Moderator: BC Nest CP's

JudyB
Admin

Re: Lafarge 2018/2019 Eagle Nest Discussion, Photos and Videos

Post by JudyB » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 am

Thanks for your updates, Eastvan Girl - wish we could see them, but seeing them through your eyes is almost as good! And I love the picture - so regal!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:07 am

Eastvan Girl wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:01 am
Hi Everyone,
Every morning this week I have been treated to seeing the eagles visiting the old garden lot across the street. A couple days ago one came and wrestled with a large stick - trying to break it. I wish I had a video of this because it was very amusing watching this eagle with this stick.
Just now one came and took back to the nest a large clump of roots. I am so glad the seagulls are so vocal because that's when I know it is time to look out the window and watch the eagles.
Thanks Eastvan Girl...... Looks like the eagles are preparing their nest for eggs ~ :) :luck:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Eastvan Girl
Content Provider

Post by Eastvan Girl » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:05 pm

4:55pm
Lots of action at the nest today. Pa is on his branch right now and Lady is in the nest. And earlier today it looked as though one of them was eating in the nest.

Eastvan Girl
Content Provider

Post by Eastvan Girl » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi everyone,
During the last two days every time I've looked at the nest there is an eagle sitting in there - maybe there is an egg - or is it too early?

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:28 am

Eastvan Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:05 pm
4:55pm
Lots of action at the nest today. Pa is on his branch right now and Lady is in the nest. And earlier today it looked as though one of them was eating in the nest.
We figured they laid their eggs around the 24th/25th of March last year but that doesn't mean they couldn't have laid them earlier this year! I will check with Steamer who walks by the nest several times a day.

steamer
Content Provider

Post by steamer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:57 am

I've been by the Pandora nest several times in the last week and almost each time I look up one of the pair has been on the nest....same thing over at the new Hastings/PNE nest nearby. Looks like everyone has got into action a bit earlier this year :luck:

Eastvan Girl
Content Provider

Post by Eastvan Girl » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Lots of eagle action today folks!! This afternoon one of our pair was hanging out across the street on the roof of London Drugs for over 10 minutes. It wasn't even getting harassed by the crows or seagulls so it was nice to just watch it drinking water from the puddles and hanging out. The other eagle was in the nest. I snapped some photos and will try to post those soon. What a treat!! My son and I were glued to the window.

Eastvan Girl
Content Provider

Post by Eastvan Girl » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am

IMG_0972.jpg
Eagle and crow on London Drugs

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:56 am

Such good news reports to be read here. Thank you to my friends who continue to monitor this nest. :grhug:

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi Nesties and Lafarge eagle watching friends :grhug:

eagle laying time is here and we have two eggs already on Delta ….checked Vanier I do believe theres an egg in the old nest because there's an eagle sitting by it guarding but not the new nest

Great photo of Pa Lafarge East Van Girl….that's his weird eye....wonder if he and the Lady Lafarge have an egg yet :love:

Also David has a new nest at Surrey and there's a female on the nest already.....oh well off to fix dinner keep the photos coming and will come everyday to see if any eggs :grhug:

:eag: :hatch: :hatch: :eag:

Eastvan Girl
Content Provider

Post by Eastvan Girl » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Hi everyone,
Every time I look at the nest these days there is an eagle sitting in it. I suspect we could have an egg in there.
Thanks for the identification Judy on the London Drugs eagle. I wasn't sure if it was Pa or not - I know when I took the photo the other eagle was in the nest so I guess that is Lady who was in there. Great news about the other nests, too. I love this time of year.

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:17 am

Lafarge Eagle lovers and regulars of this nest :eag: :eag: :hatch:

Hope Lady is sitting on her eggs as I'm sure but not positive until I see after the egg or eggs have hatched if pa and Lady Lafarge are going to have bobbles this 2019

Hi all and you ground observers we depend on you to keep taking photos and documenting this wonderful eagle family as we regulars are getting old and can't keep up the documentation........ hugs to you all :grhug: :wave:

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Happy Birthday Judy
and :cake:
Happy Birthday David

JudiW

Post by JudiW » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi Gemini or Annemie have you seen or taken any photos of pa and Lady Lafarge nesting at their love nest or seen any eggs I haven't been able to make it down there as I did go by Vanier Park nest but only saw Pa Vanier sitting by the old nest but couldn't see in.....the only view to the old nest is from the Coast Guard Station and there was too much Canada Goose droppings to stand and take a photo of the nest but Dianna says theres eggs
:rh: Pa and Lady Lafarge :love: :luck: :hatch: :hatch:

Eastvan Girl
Content Provider

Post by Eastvan Girl » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi JudyW,
I can't see any eggs from my window view but I can report that every time I look at the nest bowl there is an eagle in it, and I look several times a day. One of the only times recently that there was no eagle in the nest was when a third eagle visited the nest and both Pa and Lady took off after it, but one returned shortly to the nest. I was quite surprised to see that that third bald eagle flying so close to the nest. I think there must be at least one egg in there - Fingers crossed!!!

Return to “Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”