East Porpoise Bay Rd, Sechelt BC Eagles' Nest, by the Blue Heron sign, Sunshine Coast BC 2019

This area is for recording observations and photos of eagle nests in BC with Ground Observers.

Moderator: BC Nest CP's

stim
Content Provider

East Porpoise Bay Rd, Sechelt BC Eagles' Nest, by the Blue Heron sign, Sunshine Coast BC 2019

Post by stim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:44 pm

This nest was spied by our friend Angela last summer as we were driving underneath it while checking on juvies in our known nests. The number of times we have driven beneath it without knowing is incredible! It sits in a pine tree at the corner of East Porpoise Bay Rd and Delta, sharing the corner with the Blue Heron sign.
Through the years we have thought there must be a nest near there, often seeing couples perched in the area. Many years ago I had been told there was a nest "near The Blue Heron" but never found out where, near the Blue Heron until now!
Speaking with neighbours who live on Bandland there revealed that this has been an active nest for years. By the time we discovered it the eagles were not around.
I did see 2 in trees near where the nest tree is from across the top of Porpoise Bay, by the motel, in January.
2788.jpg
3002.jpg
3003.jpg

stim
Content Provider

Re: East Porpoise Bay Rd, Sechelt BC Eagles' Nest, by the Blue Heron sign, Sunshine Coast BC

Post by stim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:52 pm

I was back checking on the nest and activity March 5. One lovely big eagle was perched in a tree near the nest tree. No activity seen.
3040.jpg
3055.jpg
3047.jpg

Return to “Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”