Please Post Your Questions Here

Welcome, hints for the new software, and a discussion of the transition
Raffs

Re: Please Post Your Questions Here

Post by Raffs » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Hello!

I have just one question (for now :w00t: ) - Only admins, modertors, forum assitants, can add new topics? Or Its something wrong on my side, with my PC? :oops2:

Thank you in advance for the answer! :)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Raffs wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:21 pm
Hello!

I have just one question (for now :w00t: ) - Only admins, moderators, forum assistants, can add new topics? Or Its something wrong on my side, with my PC? :oops2:

Thank you in advance for the answer! :)
Hi Raffs - and Welcome!

Yes, only admins, forum assistants, topic assistants and content providers can add new topics. And if you have a camera or a local nest of some sort that you would like to post about, please let us know, and we'd be happy to set up a thread for you!

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 am

Good morning all
I have a problem, in the new forum why there is a 255 character limit on the "Edit Signature" ?
In the old one (there was no limit) i used it with 2 sentences like i did on the new one too and i used it also as a little mémorial about all the Little and Grand birds we lost during the year. It is not more possible and it is a big lack for me...
Merci for the answer and i hope you will be able to do Something or may be to tell me who i have to contact or how can i do to make it appeared withou being oblihe to copy and past my 3 sentences in each message i send

Second. when i went to the pm page of the new forum (i wanted to contact somebody) i was unable to find the list of the people to contact as we have in the old forum... or may be i didn't find it

Just for info
My signature on the old forum was
"* E9holic.Please do not try to heal me of my addiction . 13 months old.
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. Bev Shofstall of Free Again Wildlife Rehabilitation
RIP 2018: Harrison Bay (Tn) Eloise First Lady 01/14. Dollywood Eleanor(“Ellie”) 01/17. Old Creek Town Park in Eufaula (Al) Eaglet 02/04. Berry Collège Eaglet 02/22"
And i was able to add the name of all beloved one who left this world for a better one (i hope)
on the new one i have to reduce as i can and i am not able to add more names for this year (and it's a problem for me) you can check it below.

That's all for this morning
Cheers and thanks by advance
Philippe
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:43 am

with the old forum, when i click on a picture, this one opens in a new window, i was able to close it "x" without closing the forum
Now, when i click on it the pic opens inthe same window, so when i close the pic with "x" i closes also the internet connection so the Forum
I have to change my manner to work or are you able to do Something special for that ?
Thanks
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 am

Hi Philjo56France,

I believe the number of characters one can use in their "signature" is preset on this forum by the forum software but I will leave it to JudyB to confirm that.

To find a name to send a PM to, click "Find a member" next to "Add" under the " Add recipients" box. Scroll down to the list of names at the bottom of the page. Click the letter at the top of the list to bring up names beginning with that letter. (There may be multiple pages.). Click the box next to the name of the person to be contacted. Click "Select marked" at the bottom of the list. The name will be automatically placed in the " Add recipients" box.

Hope this helps.

Added:

Click the "back arrow" of your browser instead of the "x" to exit from the picture. You will be returned to the topic.

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:34 am

gemini wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 am
Hi Philjo56France,

I believe the number of characters one can use in their "signature" is preset on this forum by the forum software but I will leave it to JudyB to confirm that. so I will wait for her answer

To find a name to send a PM to, click "Find a member" next to "Add" under the " Add recipients" box. Scroll down to the list of names at the bottom of the page. Click the letter at the top of the list to bring up names beginning with that letter. (There may be multiple pages.). Click the box next to the name of the person to be contacted. Click "Select marked" at the bottom of the list. The name will be automatically placed in the " Add recipients" box. Works fine merci

Hope this helps.

Added:

Click the "back arrow" of your browser instead of the "x" to exit from the picture. You will be returned to the topic.
So i will have to change the manner i used to work

Thank you for all Gemini
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

trap57

Post by trap57 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:17 am

Hello!
:hlp: I'm trying to get familiar with the new look. I have not found a way to set a bookmark. Am I missing something, or is that function just not ready yet? Thank you for your time!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:34 am

Hi trap57 - and welcome!

Here is our Helpful Hint on how to bookmark or subscribe to a specific topic - viewtopic.php?p=372#p372

There are also hints for finding your bookmarks, unsubscribing to a post or a topic, and lots more here - viewtopic.php?p=137#p137.

And if you have other questions - please let us know!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:15 am

Philjo56France wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 am
Good morning all
I have a problem, in the new forum why there is a 255 character limit on the "Edit Signature" ?
In the old one (there was no limit) i used it with 2 sentences like i did on the new one too and i used it also as a little mémorial about all the Little and Grand birds we lost during the year. It is not more possible and it is a big lack for me...
Merci for the answer and i hope you will be able to do Something or may be to tell me who i have to contact or how can i do to make it appeared without being obliged to copy and past my 3 sentences in each message i send

<-snip->

Just for info
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. Bev Shofstall of Free Again Wildlife Rehabilitation
RIP 2018: Harrison Bay (Tn) Eloise First Lady 01/14. Dollywood Eleanor(“Ellie”) 01/17. Old Creek Town Park in Eufaula (Al) Eaglet 02/04. Berry Collège Eaglet 02/22"
And i was able to add the name of all beloved one who left this world for a better one (i hope)
on the new one i have to reduce as i can and i am not able to add more names for this year (and it's a problem for me) you can check it below.

Philippe
Hi Philippe,

Gemini is right - it is a limit set in the software. There may be a way to change it, but I'm reluctant to do that - you did a good job of keeping your signature block small so it didn't interfere with reading the posts (which I'm guessing is why the makers of the software put in a limit) - but we have had posts on the other forum where the signature block was larger than the content of the post. I like your thought of remembering the eagles we have lost - and I have a suggestion.

On the former forum, we had a thread in the Garden Fence Chat area called The Rainbow Bridge, where we shared memories of our personal furry and feathered friends who passed on; we haven't added it here yet, but it is on the list for when we have time.

I'm thinking maybe we should also have a thread for remembering the eagles, osprey and other wildlife we've come to know and love on the cams, and who have now passed on. People could post a favorite picture or a memory, and perhaps you could change the last line of your signature to "RIP 2018: Eloise, Eleanor, Eufaula 1, B11" - and make each name a link to your post on the thread about the eagle.

Would that work?

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:31 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:15 am
Philjo56France wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 am
Good morning all
Merci for the answer and i hope you will be able to do Something or may be to tell me who i have to contact or how can i do to make it appeared without being obliged to copy and past my 3 sentences in each message i send

<-snip->

Just for info

Philippe
Hi Philippe,

Gemini is right - it is a limit set in the software. There may be a way to change it, but I'm reluctant to do that - you did a good job of keeping your signature block small so it didn't interfere with reading the posts (which I'm guessing is why the makers of the software put in a limit) - but we have had posts on the other forum where the signature block was larger than the content of the post. I like your thought of remembering the eagles we have lost - and I have a suggestion.

On the former forum, we had a thread in the Garden Fence Chat area called The Rainbow Bridge, where we shared memories of our personal furry and feathered friends who passed on; we haven't added it here yet, but it is on the list for when we have time.

I'm thinking maybe we should also have a thread for remembering the eagles, osprey and other wildlife we've come to know and love on the cams, and who have now passed on. People could post a favorite picture or a memory, and perhaps you could change the last line of your signature to "RIP 2018: Eloise, Eleanor, Eufaula 1, B11" - and make each name a link to your post on the thread about the eagle.

Would that work?
I will check and try, Merci JudyB
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:38 am

We will need to set up a thread first, Philippe - I didn't do that yet because I was waiting to see if you were interested in having something like that. I'm in the middle of setting up another thread right now so it will be a little while before I have a chance to make that thread.

If you have another suggestion, I'll be happy to hear it. Thanks.

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:01 am

JudyB wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:38 am
We will need to set up a thread first, Philippe - I didn't do that yet because I was waiting to see if you were interested in having something like that. I'm in the middle of setting up another thread right now so it will be a little while before I have a chance to make that thread.

If you have another suggestion, I'll be happy to hear it. Thanks.
Merci JudyB
Now, as litlle DH4 passed away :cry1: , i need it as you will be able to make it
:ty:
Sorry, today i :cry1: DH4
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:37 am

I woke up last night thinking about that, Philippe. :(

I'll do that right now and send you a PM when it's ready.

:grhug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 am

The new "In Memoriam" thread is here - viewtopic.php?p=6892#p6892

Annemie
Content Provider

Post by Annemie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:28 am

Hi JudyB

I like to know what the max size a jpeg picture can be to meet the max size restrictions for upload unto the website.
With thanks

Return to “Welcome - and Helpful Hints!”