Please Post Your Questions Here

Welcome, hints for the new software, and a discussion of the transition
JudyB2
Forum Assistant

Re: Temporary Thread for Testing

Post by JudyB2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:34 pm

jkr wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 am
If I recall correctly I do believe our original forum didn't have a cancel button either. We always had to "delete" our posts to get rid of them. It's definitely not an ideal solution for anyone if they've made an error in judgment before posting something.
But if you realize that you don't want to post something you've typed, you can always just use the browser's back button to get out of the posting window - or am I missing something? :?:
Image ~~~~~~~ Helpful Hints

jkr
Admin

Re: Please Post Your Questions Here

Post by jkr » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:52 am

Are we able to match the font size to what we used on HWF ? I'm fine with what is here but there may be some who require a larger font.
screenshot_39.jpg
Judy (jkr) - member since 2006
Need Help ? Check our HELPFUL HINTS

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 am

That's a good question, Judy, and one I'd thought about myself. It can be done, and as far as I can tell, it's not all that hard to do. The catch is that the change has to be made in a file on the server, which means that David Hathaway would have to do it, or at the very least upload a replacement file I sent him. And he'd probably need to do that every time there was an update to the program, as I think the updates replace most if not all of the files (I'm basing that on looking at the files on the server for my WildlifeCamWatch forum, and it looks as if they all have the date I did the update).

It looks as if a possible solution is to make a new style (by duplicating the old one - which I can do at WildlifeCamWatch) and then making the changes we'd like - and then having David upload the new style. Updates will replace the default style, but shouldn't affect our custom one. I think.

I'm also thinking that unless we get complaints about the font being too small, I'll wait on that until we have some of the other stuff done, much as I'd love to go play with the underlying code!

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:20 pm

YEAH! Were us again! :clap: :D

LOOKS GREAT Judy! Thank you for all the time you have put in accomplishing this - I know it was no easy feat!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:26 pm

Thanks, gemini! And we were able to make the font a little bigger, like it is on the current (soon-to-be-old) forum.

And thanks to David Hathaway for uploading the files for us!

jkr
Admin

Post by jkr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:35 pm

This does look good. I like it better than our "soon to be" old forum. :thumlft:

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:00 pm

jkr wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:35 pm
This does look good. I like it better than our "soon to be" old forum. :thumlft:
A huge thank you to Judy B, Judy jk and gemini for all you are doing ..

I edited this post ..I didn't know the new style was available until Judy B sent me a PM./ :oops2: .

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

jkr
Admin

Post by jkr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Bev, it was JudyB and gemini who did 99.9% of the work, along with David Hathaway, so our thanks must go to them. All I did was fill in a few blanks here and there.

jkr
Admin

Post by jkr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:09 pm

I may be lagging in discovering this but in order to see all members who are signed it shows only when on the Board Index page. If you are within a certain forum area then only the people using that specific area are showing as on-line. That is much different than our old forum where the entire list of those on-line showed on the right side of the page.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:29 pm

jkr wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:04 pm
Bev, it was JudyB and gemini who did 99.9% of the work, along with David Hathaway, so our thanks must go to them. All I did was fill in a few blanks here and there.
Thanks Judy jk for letting me know... so thank you Judy B, gamini and D Hathaway ...

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:31 pm

jkr wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:09 pm
I may be lagging in discovering this but in order to see all members who are signed it shows only when on the Board Index page. If you are within a certain forum area then only the people using that specific area are showing as on-line. That is much different than our old forum where the entire list of those on-line showed on the right side of the page.
Thanks .

I edited my above post.I didn't know the new style was available until Judy B sent me a PM.. :oops2:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:56 am

jkr wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:09 pm
The list of online members on the right column was an admin-only thing on the soon-to-be-old glFusion forum, Judy. And I believe that the only place to see who was online that everyone could use was the bottom of the main index page. It sounds as if there may be a way to add a column (not sure if it would be on left or right) and we may try to do that at some point so people will have easy access to the "Donate Now" button, and some other quick links - but that sounded more complicated, so we decided to wait a bit on that.

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:24 am

Good morning everyone! I'm posting to see if my avatar is here or needs to be added. :dunno:
Thanks to everyone for setting this up.
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:25 am

I see I need to add it......
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks Judy for registering me!
I'm having trouble loading my avatar it woked fine on the old forum :( :

The submitted avatar is 100 pixels wide and 66 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 90 pixels wide and 90 pixels high.

Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 60.00 KiB.
Attachments
sunshinecoast avatar - 1.jpg
sunshinecoast avatar - 1.jpg (7.13 KiB) Viewed 11493 times
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

Return to “Welcome - and Helpful Hints!”