(July 16 screenshot courtesy of Sandy_W)
Anyway, we don't know where Dusk and Dawn are - but we do know where our fundraising drive is - as of last night, we were halfway to our goal of $5000 for maintenance on the cams at Delta 2!
A big thanks to the people who have adopted Delta 2:
September 2018 – August 2019
Katheryn Leszczynski and Ray Townsend
And there's still time to help raise the funds we need for the cleaning and maintenance of Delta 2 - because we are halfway to our goal (and Dusk and Dawn may be halfway to Alaska), we are adding an extra day to our drive - so we're halfway through the drive; donations through Sunday will be added to the total! We do want to make sure that next year's chicks can have closeups like this one of Dawn:
(July 16 screenshot courtesy of Jean)
- go to the "Donations" page on our website (https://hancockwildlife.org/donations/)
- click the "Donate via CanadaHelps Now!" link
- enter the amount of your donation ($250 to adopt Delta 2 or the nest of your choice for the coming year)
- pick "Adopt a Nest" from the Fund list
- use the message box to say which nest you are adopting and how you would like your name to be listed
- fill in your contact information and credit card details, and
- click "Complete Donation Now"
You don't need to be in Canada to use CanadaHelps - and the rate of exchange right now is favorable to those of us in the United States - a donation of $250 Canadian dollars is currently about $200 US dollars, so if you give $250 through CanadaHelps (or PayPal), HWF gets $250 Canadian dollars, and the cost to you is based on the current rate of exchange.
You can also use the other methods on the Donations page, but it's not as easy to provide all the information, so you may want to contact Karen Bills ([email protected]) and let her know a donation is coming so it gets included in the matching drive.
And if you have any questions about any of this, please do contact Karen or me ([email protected]) and we'll be happy to help.
Ma's new mate was still around earlier today, keeping an eye on his new territory like he was doing in this screenshot:
(July 26 screenshot courtesy of SueB)
Thank you all for helping us get ready.