2022-04-08  006.jpg

ondabebe
Topic Assistant

Re: Captiva/Sanibel Island Eagle Cam 2021/22

Post by ondabebe » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:40 am

2022-04-11

Announcement:

Window To Wildlife
​We've turned off the overhead eagle cam for the season to save on bandwidth and start working on the cam for next season. Sideview is still on
Attachments
2022-04-11  002.jpg

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Re: Captiva/Sanibel Island Eagle Cam 2021/22

Post by MaryF » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 am

I want to thank ondabebe, Ferenz, SueB and anybody that I might have missed for all of the great coverage here at the Captiva nest!! :ty:

Since there has not been a second clutch here and the fact that they have turned the main overhead cam off for the season I have maded the decision to lock this thread.

ondabebe sent me a wonderful recap of the season that I am going to post here. I appreciate this more than I can say!! :love:

Some highlights off the nest for the 2022 season---

* Connie returned in September 2021 with her then new mate Martin
* Martin was challenged on Oct 14 by another male and lost to that male
* The new male was challenge on Oct 23 and the new male won that battle
* Connie finally accepted the new male after the second challenge and nest work began
* Lori (the property owner) named the new male on Nov 15 2021 Clive which is after her Uncle
* On Dec 4 and 7 Connie laid her eggs and unfortunately neither hatched. Thoughts are they were infertile due to the lack of bonding time Connie and Clive had
* Both Connie and Clive incubated the eggs up to 60 days when the first one broke on Feb 1 and on Feb 2 2022 Connie finally gave up on egg #2
* On Feb 5 Clive buried the remaining egg and later Clive and Connie were on the nest and together they buried it even deeper into the nest
* Since then Connie and Clive continue to work on the nest making us all think there would be a second clutch but it never happened
* This time together for Connie and Clive,I have watched how their bond is getting stronger and stronger which puts them in a position of a successful next season (WE HOPE!!)

Thank you! See you next season!!!
Member since July, 2006

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”