To store all archived 'Other North American Eagle Cams' topics

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

bev.

Re: Florida Eagle Country BE cam-2020/21

Post by bev. » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:06 pm

march7 continued
march6
Skippy and Abby found in th e pines during a long rain

skippy to right and Abby way up at left.

march7
first thing in morning
1:20pm
Abby an d skippy in

bev.

Post by bev. » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:08 pm

marh7
1:26pm
Skippy and Abby work on nest.

they both fly to remote tree

bev.

Post by bev. » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:14 pm

march7- end
6:46pm
Abby in with fluff

she leaves and comes back and immediately lies in nest, after fixing up a bit

sleep tight Abby. Tomorrow is a new day. :rh:

night all. Hope I am doing justice here. I do not have tim e to put in proper format

Ferenz
Topic Assistant

Post by Ferenz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:55 am

bev.

Post by bev. » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:18 am

nice Ferenz
this morning we have Abby and Moss man , I believe. We had Abby and Skippy still yesterday morning then after Abby and Skippy left,enter Mossman.
this nest is getting built up by Abby and one of two males.Both work on nest . This morning we had Abby bring in sticks and hay and mossman bring in hay. They both worked on nest. Mossman testing it out as he did last night.
Abby spent night again.

This has been so intriguing to watch. keep watching. wh o knows here. I love them all. Mossmans foot injury has healed.

pictures later today.

bev.

Post by bev. » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:59 am

march11
just no end here. I will have to come back in with photos and full report tomorrow after teaching grandkids. short versions, mossman was back . will come back with dates

lots o f nest rebuilding. Abby spent march 9 at nest again overnight .( 3 nights in a row. ) march9 evening, mossman and Abby spent night at snag tree . everything looked good again until around 4 ish pm march10
march 10
now 2 adult males( after 4ish) and the chase was on. It lasted for over 2 hours, off and on. Even after Abby and mossman settled to snag tree, a chase ensued I hope no one gets hurt.
love all these eagles.

this video is long but I edited two hours. you get a good idea of what went on. I do believe. I have not had tim e to review video , so later I may have males figured out. other male was Skippy, but had trouble with Id

:vid:
Video link
https://youtu.be/jg6XGJj1Pa8

march11
it does look like it is still Abby and mossman

bev.

Post by bev. » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:34 am

and Shep was at nest. He lay down and rested for a bit :dunno:

bev.

Post by bev. » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:55 pm

March16

having so much trouble keeping up

But no w we have had Skippy for last 3 days. no Abby today but Abby stayed at nest march15 evening and early morning
skippy

you can tell by scar on hi s nose

he has healed so well

who knows what is going on here

bev.

Post by bev. » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:04 pm

march16

so up until march 11 we had moss man again and then Shep came in and laid in nest for a bit

they were rebuilding nest again. (mossman an d Abby)

and now Skippy keeps coming in but no sign of any other males. He is really majestic. Abby is here occasionally but have no tseen her today. she was here yesterday in early morning, with skippy

I truly hope that at least one male is the sole male and so next year, he and Abby can build . Every one of these males build the nest , but we shall see.

will continue to do what I can

stay safe be well :rh: :bye 1:

bev.

Post by bev. » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:30 am

For last few days we have had 2 adults, who I believe to beSkippy and Abby. We have had a young owl, a vulture

The adults spent 2 days in a row at nest at night. Abby brought in sticks and moss yesterday March 20. And I believe it wacAbby that spent the night last night.

Have been so busy but wil really try to post a few recent pictures

Stay safe Be well ;) :bye 1:

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Post by MaryF » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:29 am

I am getting this on all of the cams now. I'm guessing that they have turned the cams off since there has been no new pair for this nest.

EC   end of season   3-27-21.jpg
I found a notice on their FB page saying they had a power outage. I will see about new links for the cams :thumlft:

..LINKS ARE ALL CHANGED----No eagles seen.
Member since July, 2006

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Post by MaryF » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:39 am

Here is the announcement from the Eagle Country folks concerning the early end of the 2021 season./b]

Eagle Country

Hello Friends of EC!
As all of you have been watching and are aware, the events of this season at the nest have been unexpected and surprising! Our previous resident eagles, Victoria & Nicholas, did not return this year (that we can confirm). In their absence, EC has hosted a very successful, if not competitive, Bed & Breakfast at the nest. We don’t know about you, but it has been hard to keep a head count of who has come and gone! Numerous males have vied for the attention of Abigail (Abby), the female that has been fairly consistent, and many aerial challenges have ensued. Also in the line up of visitors, have been several beautiful juvenile eagles. We have whimsically speculated that Spur may be coming back with a “have you missed me yet” attitude!

We understand that nature is completely unpredictable and the turn of events this season has reminded us of that very fact. It does not appear that we have an established pair and therefore, will likely not have a nesting season. Because of this, we have determined with the help of our moderators, that we will be closing the season at EC on March 31st.

We want to give a BIG “Thank You” to our moderators who have navigated some tricky waters this season. Also, to all Friends and viewers of EC, thank you all for joining us on the adventure! We couldn’t have seen the turn of events coming, but we are so glad that you all have watched, chatted, commented and supported this season!

Have a great summer and may God bless you all!
Member since July, 2006

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Post by MaryF » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:20 pm

One last look at Abby this morning before they turned the cams off :love:

EC   good bye Abby 2   3-30-21.jpg
Member since July, 2006

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Post by MaryF » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 am

We have an update from the owners of the Eagle Country cam this morning, September 15, 2021 ~~~~

EC   update  9-15-21.jpg
Member since July, 2006

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”