Trio of Eagles 2018-2019

To store all archived 'Other North American Eagle Cams' topics

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Re: Trio of Eagles 2018-2019

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:16 am

8:13 am looked like Peace just hoped in the nest so must have been in the nest tree.
2019-06-28_8-15-14.jpg
2019-06-28_8-15-24.jpg
2019-06-28_8-15-34.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:54 am

8:53 am well, I guess this maybe the end as the cam just went offline. Last I saw was Peace in the nest but looked as if there maybe a storm coming through.
2019-06-28_8-52-50.jpg
2019-06-28_8-52-33.jpg
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:17 am

A special thank you going out to Philippe, Kim, Joan, Rainna, Marianne, Andi, Jwin, JudyB, and Budgycac for joining us this season to watch and document as Starr raised her first Little Trio. Sandy and I truly could not have done this without your contributions. Enjoy your summer! We hope to see you all back next season.

As it seems the cam is now offline if you should have any final words or favorite s’caps you would like to post please do so. Sandy will be locking the thread soon, she will let us know when.

Thank you all again!
:ty: :bravo:

SueB
Zoomer

Post by SueB » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:22 am

The final recording I got this morning was of Harmony on the nest, getting up and saying his final Good-Byes for the season, and then flying off. I am really going to miss this Little Trio but know they will all do well on their next adventure and grow to be the most beautiful eagles, just like their parents.

:vid: Harmony saying his last Good-Byes of the Season

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:04 am

Ending note of a successful Trio season:

This morning, I went back to the beginning of this season and looked at so many wonderful images of our Trio eagles getting ready for the upcoming season and the laying of eggs. I want to thank those who joined us documenting the 2018-2019 Trio season. Big thanks to Kim, Philippe (our night watchman), Rainna, Joan, Jwin, Marianne, Andi, and Budgycac. Of course, everyone knows of the cam issues but those who hung in there with us, be so proud we got through it. For that a huge “thank you” goes out to everyone who shared their love for the Trio eagles. And a huge appreciative hug to Sue, who helped with the administrative duties of running this forum and covering the documentation when I couldn't be here. Yes, those were lots of day! We began our journey as hoping to catch the important moments for the season but it turned out to be much more. It became evident early on that would not be enough to tell the Trio story for 2018-2019. Sue, could not have done this without you! Proud of us as a team!

Spending some time early this morning with the early pages of the forum reminded me of how special the Trio eagles are. So much was written publicly about them this season of how unique and beautiful they are as they have bonded together to raise their young. Yeah, all that attention “broke” the Stewards web page and caused the cam to go offline until the Stewards found another way of streaming. But I do not think all of those articles, as beautifully written, can in anyway truly convey how special the Trio are without watching the daily routines of these eagles. Those articles do not convey the special bond they have. How can one describe how Valor 1 sweetly chatters and talks to Starr or Valor 2 trying to get his way? How can one describe how Starr gets her way in the nest using her unique methods to get her egg time? How can one describe how strong Valor 2 was when he had issues with his leg? How can one describe the instincts of Starr to protect her babies from the elements of Mother Nature? How can one describe the connection of these three eagles when Valor 2 was hurt and Valor 1 stepped up to provide the nourishment for Starr, Valor 2 and Harmony, Joy and Peace? How can one describe Starr with her second season with the Valors learning to take care of three eaglets? How can one express how Starr, after her nightly protection, gives out a call to the Valors to take over the watch? How can one speak to how the Valors, one by one, come in every morning for their morning duty? How can one describe the instincts the Trio eagles to build a comfy and protective nest for their babies. How can one convey how the Trio eagles taught Harmony, Joy, and Peace the survival lessons of the eagle?

Honestly, I cannot find the words to accurately answer those questions. But I know in my heart, I have learned the lessons of the eagle through watching this eagle family. To trust when there are three babies in the nest and all will be fed. To trust when the weather turns critical and Starr and the Valors are there to protect. To trust when the pantry is empty and Valors the provide. To trust when Starr is laying her eggs and yes, we will see the eggs eventually. To trust when little Trio are wingersizing and learning to hop up to the attic without falling. To trust when Peace was knocked out of the nest and trust he would make his way back. To trust when fledging occurs and the little Trio return to the nest. To trust the Trio eagles will feed their babies off nest. To Trust the Eagles and for me to stay out of the worry zone.

With all of this being said, the Trio 2018-2019 was a successful season in that the Trio eagles raised three confident fledglings. My hope is they continue to grow and explore around the Refuge to continue to learn to be independent eagles. My hope is the little Trio will continue to learn the survival skills. My expectation is understanding Harmony, Joy, and Peace will be flying away from the Refuge at some point in time to continue their journey to becoming magnificent eagles. May their crops always be full. May they always soar and fly free. May the Starr, Valor 1 and Valor 2 enjoy their time off soon and return healthy and ready to begin a new season for 2019-2020. I know I will be here to watch. Hope everyone who love and enjoy the Trio eagles will join Sue and me next season. But oh my, I am going to miss seeing the Starr, Valor 1, Valor 2 and the little Trio every day.

Lots of appreciation to all who joined us this season.
Hugs,
Sandy
Sue image1.jpg
S'cap credit: SueB
Sue image.jpeg
10.jpg

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:09 am

SueB wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:22 am
The final recording I got this morning was of Harmony on the nest, getting up and saying his final Good-Byes for the season, and then flying off. I am really going to miss this Little Trio but know they will all do well on their next adventure and grow to be the most beautiful eagles, just like their parents.

:vid: Harmony saying his last Good-Byes of the Season
Oh Sue, thank you for sharing our last look and Harmony's goodbye. :rh: :rh:

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:13 am

Monday, July 1, 2019 the forum will be closing. Wishing everyone a wonderful summer and hope you join us next season to again watch the Trio eagles, Starr, Valor 1 and Valor 2.
closing season.jpg

Kitcat11848
Topic Assistant

Post by Kitcat11848 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:30 am

Hi SueB, Sandy , and everyone. There are not enough words to say Thank you to Sue and Sandy for the magnificent job you did; the endless hours spent watching, s’capping, videoing, observing, documenting this wonderful nest. Cameras were a challenge this year but you hung in there. It has. been a very successful season without too much drama although when Peace went over the nest, that was a little high drama but we have all been taught to Trust The Eagles. We’ll miss watching these 3 beauties plus their awesome parents but next season will be here before you know it. I know both of you are still watching Delta too so see you there. Hope you get some rest and a vacation before things crank up again. Until then :grhug:
AKA: Marianne

Kimf

Post by Kimf » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:34 am

2:17pm--Just checked in with YouTube to see if any eagles were on the nest. I wondered what happened to the feed and so I read through the forum. For some reason I thought we had through the weekend with live feed. :cry1: I will very much miss checking in on our Trio family. And I will also miss reading the posts of everyone here at the forum. I am so glad that this was a successful year. Of the nests I watch the Trio and SWFL were stupendous. Hopefully Decorah, NEFL, and MrP and the First Lady will have a successful year in 2020. Here's wishing a safe eagle life to Harmony, Joy and Peace.

See you all next season! :grhug:

JoanD
Topic Assistant

Post by JoanD » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Sue & Sandy, Reading your posts brought me to tears. Both of you summed up the season so beautifully. And thank you, Sue, for our last look at Harmony.
This season has been truly successful, beyond my expectations. Starr has learned so much from her first season as a mom, she acted as a very seasoned mom would. She is truly doing a magnificient job. And those who were just getting to know the Valors this year saw what a strong bond they have. As much as Valor 1 was looking forward to brooding the eggs, then the eaglets, practicing a lot before the eggs were laid, he let Valor 2 doing most of the brooding while V2 recovered from his foot/leg injury. I remember one evening, 2 or 3 days after Peace hatched, Valor 1 brought in a really long stick, while Valor 2 brooded. Of course, as eagles do, V1 did not pay attention where he kept swinging the stick & kept hitting V2. V2 had enough & left (maybe he thought V1 wanted him to leave?). V1 looked around, like he was thinking "Where did he go?" He checked on the eaglets, then called out a few times. V2 came back. I really think they have communication skills humans just don't understand, plus the Valors seem to understand what each other are thinking at times. Once V1 got V2 settled back over the eaglets, he left. That is just one strong example of the bond between the Valors, which made me love this nest to begin with.
Our Little Trio are so precious, taking care of each other. Harmony stepping back to make sure her siblings were fed (after the initial bonking period, of course). Peace would split his time between his siblings, first laying with Joy, then standing with Harmony, but with his wingercising & playing in between. Peace encouraging Harmony to play by handing her a stick. Joy quickly learning to be the sneaky one, many times being the front eaglet for the food & rarely missing a meal. Their bond was so strong, I think that is why Starr is still having difficulties teaching them not to leave their food unguarded. They always saved some for the others.
I pray all 3 have successful lives, full of wonderous travels, full crops, & many babies after they settle down in their adult lives. This is definitely one memorable, precious season that will always be in my heart.
It's a great event to get outside and enjoy nature. I find it very exciting no matter how many times I see bald eagles.
Karen Armstrong

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:19 pm

Good night/morning everyone ! Bonjour Sandy, Judy, Kimf, Catpairadice, Marianne, Raina, …!
yesterday i didn't realize we were the 28th of June and the last days with all 6 eagles :(
Long life to you all, Eaglets and Adults !
But 2 years ago and this year i have the same question, why did they turn off the cam so early, all the guys are always in the area ?
Last year I undersatnd as the little one never return in after is accidental fledge, but for me it's like to be in a cinema and at a moment they turn off the movie before the end. I hope they have a good reason to do that, vacation ?
Not the maintenance of the cams as they can't acces them as the eagles are there so...
may be somebody has an answer ...

Wishing you all a very good summer time :grhug:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:14 am

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Good morning, Philippe, Marianne, Kim, Joan, and Sue. So appreciate you checking in on our last day of Trio watching. Well, it really wasn't a full day as the Stewards turned off the cam early in the morning. And we were surprised too as thought we had until Monday, July 1st. And truly do not know why it happened so soon and doesn't make sense to us. It had been mentioned they wanted to do system maintenance for the cam. But they turned the cam off and here we are. So take a look at Sue's video of Harmony saying goodbye yesterday morning in a post above. Happy she captured that moment as it melts my heart for sure.

Thank you for sharing your memories and your sweet thoughts of our precious Trio family, plus your enjoyment of following this forum. As many nests still have eaglets getting ready to fledge, we can enjoy our love of eagles watching those eaglets take the leap of faith to fly. As Marianne mentioned, there are two such nests in Canada on the Hancock web page - https://hancockwildlife.org/project/live-cams/. Those being at Delta 2 and the Surrey Reserve nests. You can check those out and watch and post observations as well if you wish. Each of those eagle pairs have unique stories to tell.

Again, thanks to each of you joining us this Trio season. And what a great time it was! So proud for Starr, Valor 1 and Valor 2 for raising three fine fledglings. Harmony, Joy, and Peace, wishing you the a wonderful and healthy life.

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”