Redding, CA - 2019 + 2020 - Bald Eagle Cam

To store all archived 'Other North American Eagle Cams' topics

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Re: Redding, CA - 2019 + 2020 - Bald Eagle Cam

Post by Eaglewoman » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:57 pm

And Greg got some wonderful photos of our fledgling Hope too!
hope by Greg.jpg
hope close up by greg.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:59 pm

hope close up by greg-2.jpg
hope close up by greg-5.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:04 pm

How lucky were we to have a professional photographer with a really good camera & a really long lens find our Redding Eagle Family on his first night in Redding?!?

That was just meant to be! I told Greg that is probably the only opportunity we will have to see Hope right next to her Mama Liberty outside of the nest like that!

Here are more shots of our beautiful Redding Eagles captured by Greg Wingerd...
liberty & hope by greg-2.jpg
liberty & hope by greg-4.jpg

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:05 pm

Liberty by Greg-4.jpg
Liberty by Greg-6.jpg

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:02 pm

WOW! thanks so much Terri for sharing Gregs Photo's here and a huge thank you to Greg for taking them :grhug:

Two Words

Absolutely Magnificent ! :rh:

I love all of them ! Hope reminds me of her Mama :rh:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:45 pm

Absolut"e"ly wondeful pics :clap: Merci Terri & Greg !

like Mother like daughter!

I don't know why but these pics of Hope so close to her mother with the same expressions makes my :cry1: rolling down.... :love:
:rh: E9: 7 yo / E14 :rh:
One day in the wild is worth a lifetime in a cage. B.Shofstall
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:44 pm

I couldn't agree more Bev! Absolutely Magnificent!!!

Phil I hear you about the tears streaming down when you looked at those pictures of Liberty & Hope together! :huggie:

I am not seeing much of our beloved Redding Eagles lately & it is getting very HOT here! Temps got up to 110 degrees Farenheit yesterday!!!!

I will keep looking for a few more days & then I think I will know for sure they have started north on their migration.

It is always hard to say goodbye to our beautiful eagles, but at least we have some wonderful memories from a successful nesting season this year!!! :thumlft:

Here are a few videos that I took of Hope a few weeks ago near the Family Tree...

Hope on a gravel bar before a Jet Ski came zooming by & spooked our poor baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw9aUlXbn3E

Hope perched in a tree near Mama Liberty at the Family Tree cove along the river...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbkrix4gQJk

You can hear Hope doing a begging call in this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwNKarRBSs8

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Merci again Terri :ty:
And long and good life to this Redding eagles family :rh:
:huggie:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:57 am

Philjo56France wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:11 pm
Merci again Terri :ty:
And long and good life to this Redding eagles family :rh:
:huggie:

I echo that Philjo :huggie:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

RitaR
Topic Assistant

Post by RitaR » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:13 am

Hi Terri,

Awww Phillipe I bet those are happy tears at the sheer joy of seeing Hope perched next to Mom Liberty. Just pure beauty!

Terri those photo's from Greg are amazing! Thank you for posting those. I honestly think that your photo's are equally as great! You've really gotten some beautiful pictures posted here. Gorgeous wing and flying photo's. Oh Terri I was so hoping to see a video or photo's of the family down at the river. You did just that with Hope at the Gravel bar! Thank you so much for posting that video here. Brings back happy memories of past video's you have posted. She also looked so perfectly comfortable in your other two video's. Perched with a foot out too! A successful season Terri and that is what counts. Hope you get to see more of them.

Take care Terri! It get way too hot in Redding. Stay safe. :hug:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:03 am

What lovely pictures - thank you so much, Terri, for bringing them here and sharing "your" eagles with us!

I don't often get to see fledglings flying, beyond going in and out of the nest - those are great!

And I love Greg's pictures of Hope with Mom Liberty - Hope is a big fledgling! And I think I know exactly what she is discussing with Mom! :D

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:00 pm

2020 Cam Maintenance
Matching Drive

It's hard to believe that the fluffy little eaglets we first met in April are already flying around - and at least one of them is already half-way up the coast of British Columbia, feasting on salmon at one of the rivers with early salmon runs. The rest will be heading out soon, which will give us a brief window to clean the cameras, check the wiring and do any additional projects near the nests. Only one of our nests is currently sponsored (big thanks to Russ Cmolik for donating a new close-up cam for White Rock!) so we are asking those who enjoy the cams to help us get them ready for next year. We know life this year is different for many of us - but if you can help, we would really appreciate it.

We have some big plans - two new cams for White Rock, replacement domes at Surrey Reserve and Delta 2, and hopefully getting to the bottom of the connectivity issue that keeps taking the South cam at Harrison Mills offline - and there will be some large expenses if we're going to do it all. We'll need a lift to get people up to the cams at White Rock and possibly at Delta, and the tree at Harrison Mills is very tall, requiring a professional climbing team if we are to do any work on the cams themselves.

If we can raise $10,000, we should be able to do the most essential work at most of the nests. And happily some friends of the eagles have pledged to match the first $1250 raised in the next three days - so if you adopt Delta 2, Harrison Mills, Surrey Reserve or White Rock for next year for $250, Hancock Wildlife will get $500!

The easiest way to adopt a nest is to
  • go to the "Donations" page on our website (https://hancockwildlife.org/donations/ - or click the button below)
  • click the "Donate via CanadaHelps Now!" link
  • enter the amount of your donation ($250 to adopt the nest of your choice for the coming year)
  • pick "Adopt a Nest" from the Fund list
  • use the message box to say which nest you are adopting and how you would like your name to be listed
  • fill in your contact information and credit card details, and
  • click "Complete Donation Now"

And if this isn't a good time for adopting a nest, you can also make a donation of any amount to the "Eagle Cams/General Repairs" fund or you can make a monthly donation by changing the highlighted box at the top of the page from "Donate Now" to "Donate Monthly" (the first month's donation is eligible to be matched). Many of the funds have a suggested amount - but that is just a suggestion. The amount you put in the Amount box is what you'll donate.

You don't need to be in Canada to use CanadaHelps - and the rate of exchange right now is favorable to those of us in the United States - a donation of $250 Canadian dollars is currently less than $200 US dollars, so if you give $250 through CanadaHelps (or PayPal), HWF gets $250 Canadian dollars, and the cost to you is based on the current rate of exchange.

You can also use the other methods on the Donations page, but it's not as easy to provide all the information, so if you're sending a check or planning to give a donation directly to someone at HWF, please let me ([email protected]) or gemini ([email protected]) know a donation is coming so it gets included in the matching drive.

And if you have any questions about any of this, please do contact me or gemini and we'll be happy to help.

Thank You!

Aigle Armour

Post by Aigle Armour » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:10 pm

Hi! I am curious as to wether there is a live cam for the Redding eagles? If so, do you have a link? Thank you for your time.

Best,
AA

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi Everybody!

Thanks so much for your kind words Phil, Bev, Rita & Judy! It truly was a miraculous season for us here in Redding! Thanks for posting the Hancock Eaglecam Fundraiser info too Gemini! I will be sure to make a donation!

Aigle~To answer your question, we haven't had an Eaglecam on our Redding Eagles for 5 years. But, we are in the process of installing a brand new Eaglecam for this next Nesting Season as we speak!!!

I will post a link here to the new Eaglecam once it is installed so check back in a month & we should be up & running!

I"m sorry I haven't been posting much lately but as I mentioned we are currently knee-deep into this new Eaglecam Installation Project!!! I had no idea it would be this involved & I wasn't sure we could get it done for a while there? I had helped on the 2015 Eaglecam Installation but without our Technical expert Mark Neal on our Team(we lost Mark to Covid-19 in April :() it wasn't looking promising. I am the Coordinator & Coach for the Project but my technical skills are not anywhere comparable to Mark's!

But, I reached out to Joe Pifer who installed our Eaglecam with HDontap back in 2015 and he instantly agreed to come on board & help us get this done! He is even donating all of his time & work for the project in honor of Mark Neal. :huggie: There are really good people in this world!!! :thumlft:

We ran a GoFundMe on our FORE Facebook page & raised over $6,000 in one week! So we have a lot of fans of our Redding Eagles who really want to see this happen! We broke the project down into 3 Phases and we already completed Phase 1 which was removing the 2 old Eaglecams, Mics, and all of the associated equipment. We are in Phase 2 where we have ordered all of the new Eaglecam equipment and Joe is configuring things and preparing them for an easy installation. He will send everything up to us and we will begin Phase 3 which is the Big Eaglecam Installation Day in early September!

I'll keep you posted on our progress! I believe we are going to be running our Eaglecam on Youtube this season & next season we will explore other options! I will be sure to post a link once we have it ready!

Please send positive thoughts our way as we work on making this dream a reality! We want all of you to be able to watch our beloved Redding Eagles 24/7 instead of only enjoying them through my photos!
Attachments
Phase 1-Eaglecam Project-Tree Climbers.jpg
Phase 1-Eaglecam Project-Tree Climbers-6.jpg

Philjo56France

Post by Philjo56France » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:53 pm

:luck: :luck: :luck: Terri ! :hug:
RIP 2017 to 2023-2024

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”