Redding, CA - 2019 + 2020 - Bald Eagle Cam

To store all archived 'Other North American Eagle Cams' topics

Moderator: N Amer Eagle Cam TA's

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Re: Redding, CA - 2019 + 2020 - Bald Eagle Cam

Post by Eaglewoman » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Update on our Redding Eaglecam Project:

We are still on Cloud 9 after successfully completing the installation of our brand new Eaglecam System yesterday!

You guys have been right there with us as we completely revamped the entire eaglecam system that Caltrans installed back in 2008, except for the fiber optic line & the solar panels! Those were both in great shape & will work nicely with our new system!

There was plenty of blood, sweat & tears from our Team as we pushed through to get the new Eaglecam up & running before the eagles returned. We ran into a few roadblocks along the way, but continued to move forward & find a way to make it happen! We knew that bringing our Redding Eagles into the living rooms of their many fans around the country & world would be our ultimate reward!

Joe Pifer is working hard on configuring our Redding Eaglecam onto Youtube where it will be live streamed to all of you! We will share the link with you as soon as we have it ready!

Going forward, we ask that you please give us grace & understanding with any issues that come up with the new Eaglecam. Please keep in mind that as much as we want everything to be just perfect for you & for all of our viewers, it most likely won't be this first time around. But, we have a working Eaglecam & that is more than we have had in 5 years!(Except for a few months in 2017). We will make any adjustments possible next summer during our yearly Maintenance & Repairs to improve the viewing experience even more!

Our Tree Climber Ron Jolley did everything in his power to get the Eaglecam up as high as possible on the branch above the nest yesterday. (His safety was our #1 priority as this is a very dangerous climb.) The new Eaglecam has a 10x optical zoom so even zoomed out all the way, it still may seem a bit too close for you. But, keep in mind that it will give us an amazing close up of an eaglet hatching that we have never had before! And some nice close ups of our lovely Liberty & Guardian too!

The camera also has a Pan, Tilt, Zoom feature so it will be able to be adjusted remotely by our "Zoomers".! It also has a microphone attached so we will be able to hear all of the trilling & other vocalizations the eagles make! There will be road noise unfortunately due to the close proximity of the nest to the Highway 44 Bridge. So you will have to adjust your volume for that! But, hearing that beautiful sound of Liberty & Guardian trilling will make up for that!

If there are any technical issues that occur, we will do our best to troubleshoot & solve them as quickly as possible! We will provide contact information for you in case there are any issues with the Eaglecam. Please understand that we are all Volunteers and we all have families & our own lives so we will respond as quickly as we possibly can!

*We made an agreement with The Sheraton & Turtle Bay that we would NOT involve ANY of their employees in the Redding Eaglecam Project. They both opted out of being involved with the Eaglecam Project completely, so if there are any issues with the Eaglecam DO NOT CALL The Sheraton or Turtle Bay. Doing so will jeopardize the agreement we signed with them and will affect the continuation of the Project.

Thank you one & all for being on this incredible journey with us & our beloved Redding Eagles! We could not have done any of this without your ongoing love & support!

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Eaglewoman wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:42 pm
We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a working Eaglecam folks!!!!!

Our tree climber Ron Jolley & his buddy Rex installed the new Axis Cam above Liberty & Guardian’s nest this morning!!!

Everything went very smoothly today & we are so grateful to our Project Manager Joe Pifer for all of his hard work & for making things as easy as possible for our Team!

A big thank you goes out to Dan Comer & my husband Dave for all your hard work these last 2 months!
We could not have done this without you!!!

And thank you to Sue & Barbara for being there today to lend a hand with the kayaks & keeping an eye on our trucks!

Thank you Ron & Rex for joining our Team this week & for doing such a fantastic job on the climb & Camera install!

And our Team Member Mark Neal R.I.P. was there guiding us the whole way! 😇

Thank you one & all for making this dream a reality!
-Terri
:bravo: Thank you Terri and ALL !!! :grhug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Jean
Topic Assistant

Post by Jean » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Congratulations Terri and all who worked on this project! It will be wonderful to see eagles in this nest again! :bravo: :hooray: :woohoo:

Please don't forget to send us that cam link Terri!
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time..............they have the heart"..........Elizabeth Andrew

(Member since 9/10/11)

Eaglewoman
Content Provider

Post by Eaglewoman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Thank you Bev & Jean!!!!

We are so excited to have a working Eaglecam again! It has been a dream of ours for 5 years now so it still hasn't sunken in quite yet!

Joe is still working on getting an External Link for our "Zoomers" so we can operate the camera remotely but right now the Cam is up & running if you want to take a peek at it!

This link will take you to my youtube channel with all of my eagle videos but there is one that says:

"Friends of the Redding Eagles Livestream" LIVE NOW in (red writing)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MsEaglewoman/videos

Click on that video & it will take you to our LIVE Redding Eaglecam!
*You can click on the box in the lower right hand corner to enlarge to Full Screen.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:43 pm

Eaglewoman wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:43 pm
Thank you Bev & Jean!!!!

We are so excited to have a working Eaglecam again! It has been a dream of ours for 5 years now so it still hasn't sunken in quite yet!

Joe is still working on getting an External Link for our "Zoomers" so we can operate the camera remotely but right now the Cam is up & running if you want to take a peek at it!

This link will take you to my youtube channel with all of my eagle videos but there is one that says:

*You can click on the box in the lower right hand corner to enlarge to Full Screen.
That is so exciting, Terri - and it looks great! I added the cam info to the new thread for 2021 - which is here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=512 - and you're welcome to start posting there. I still need to do some work on the opening posts, but I've reserved slots for them so you don't need to wait for me.

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:31 pm

JudyB wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:43 pm
Eaglewoman wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:43 pm
Thank you Bev & Jean!!!!

That is so exciting, Terri - and it looks great! I added the cam info to the new thread for 2021 - which is here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=512 - and you're welcome to start posting there. I still need to do some work on the opening posts, but I've reserved slots for them so you don't need to wait for me.
Thank you so much Judy for all your hard work here :hug:

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”