Harriet at pond
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
Native American Proverb

Harriet gone, yet not forgotten. Forever in our hearts. :brknhrt:

MaryF
Forum Assistant

Re: SW Florida Eagle Cam 2018~2019

Post by MaryF » Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 am

I have not seen this video posted yet and I know that you will all love it!! Get your tissues ready for LadyHawk's farewell to season 7 video!! Here is comes!! :D

SWFL Eagles ~ ♥♥ Farewell Tribute For E12 & E13 ♥♥ ~ Season 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-PV9GqZ63k

A farewell message from LadyHawk

As season 7 comes to an end, we look back over the precious moments of our wonderful eagle family starring Harriet, M15 , E12 & E13 ♥♥ It has been such a privilege & honor for me to cover this nest & share in this remarkable season - watching two precious eggs hatch & grow into extraordinary juveniles before our eyes.

It is always bittersweet to say goodbye - especially to E13 who departed on his journey first. I was surprised as I always thought it would be E12 who would leave first since she was always on the go trying out new experiences. E12 is still here at the nest and is 141 days old - breaking all the records for staying the longest out of all the juvies that have fledged.

Our hearts are rich & overflowing with so many beautiful memories - E12 & E13 both showing distinct personalities for hatching so close together! To depict their season, I chose three different songs...the first one "Circle of Life" by Elton John shows how they were once just a glimmer of hope in the eyes of Mom & Dad & follows through with their hatch and first few days life. The second song choice is "Creation Calls by Brian Doerksen which follows them growing up and fledging to the sheer magnificence & ultimate beauty of all of God's creation.

The the final song choice was just pure entertainment and fun - "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen. We know E12 had the time of her life - always on the go from chasing intruders, ducks, egret and even E13 & Mom & Dad, to catching prey & swimming in the pond ~ even giving a side kick to her sibling! E13 also had some great moments landing on the back of E12 & learning to be crafty stealing fish! Harriet raised them both well & gave them all the tools & lessons they need to make it on their own.

To E12 & E13 ~ May the wind always be beneath your wings, may you always soar high & fly free, & maybe one day, return again to your natal nest area & raise a family of your own. Godspeed E12 & E13 ♥♥♥

I would like to thank all the many viewers & eagle lovers who have followed E12 & E13 on their amazing journey! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for watching & sharing these precious moments with me! I will still cover E12 as long as the cams are live & she remains in the area! I wish you all a Happy Mother's Day and have a great summer and see you again in the Fall for season 8! Thank you for watching!

Video created & produced by Lady Hawk

Music credits: Circle of Life by Elton John
Creation Calls by Brian Doerksen
Don't Stop me Now by Queen

I would like to personally thank LadyHawk for all the hard work and love that she has put into her videos this season for us at SWFEC and we sure hope to see her back with us again for season 8!! The video and what she wrote so well to end our season are just beautiful!! :bravo:
Member since July, 2006

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Mon May 13, 2019 12:36 pm

Journi thank you so much for painting a wonderful picture of this familys life this season. And the last two scaps of e 12 as a baby you posted are adorable. I know many people showed in different ways this familys life. But so from morning to night you helped us say hello to harriets family each day and at night you helped us close out harriets day with her family. Thank you so much Journi.
:eag: Thank you Eagleslanding for your warm and thoughtful words - that means a lot to me!
It's been a pleasure and a honor to be able to help document Harriet and M15's beautiful eagle family each season!
I hope you have a wonderful & fun summer! 🌺 ~Journi
:bye 1:

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Mon May 13, 2019 12:58 pm

Mary thank you for bringing us this video. Will watch it tonight. A nice season this year for e12 and e14.

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm

I mean e 13.

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Mon May 13, 2019 1:48 pm

:eag: 4:32pm - Current weather at the nest tree area: :windy:

. . . . . . . . .:faint:. . . . . . . . .
w 13 pm.PNG
Click to enlarge s'caps
Beautiful Harriet is my avatar ~ HW Member since 2015
Celebrating E14's short but beautiful life while here on Earth in Season 8 - SWFEC
(Please avoid rodenticides to control pests!)

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Mon May 13, 2019 2:00 pm

:eag: Thank you Mary for posting Lady Hawks wonderful video for us to enjoy!
Thank you Lady Hawk for your time and dedication to help document this wonderful season! :thumlft:
(I'm not going to view this video right now since I don't want to cry right now... plus I need to find my "Sham-Whoa" towel!) :yes:
Have a wonderful summer! :bye 1: ~Journi
Click to enlarge s'caps
Celebrating E14's short but beautiful life while here on Earth in Season 8 - SWFEC

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Mon May 13, 2019 2:20 pm

:eag: 5:16pm - I don't see any eagles...just dark clouds and it looks like there's light rain. :rain:
51319 516p dark clouds pnd.PNG
51319 532p cloudy.PNG
Click to enlarge s'caps

monieagl11

Post by monieagl11 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Journi, Your Good Morning Picture is a Treasure, I Love it :rh: :hug: Thank You. Lady Hawk's video has lots of Memories that was one Chuckle after another too :mihihi: Roberto's video of Season 7 was also full of so many Memories. I've held off watching Vicki's, I know I'm gonna need Shamwows, lots! Just wanted to Wish you a Wonderful Summer :rh: Love you much :rh:

:eag: Hi monieagl11 ...So glad you stopped by tonight and thank you so much for your liking my good morning picture of baby E12! Eaglets are so cute when they start getting those fuzzy little feathers on their heads!
Have a good night! 🌺
~Journi :bye 1:

eagleslanding

Post by eagleslanding » Mon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Strange on cam1 i hear a fuzzy noise or is that light rain. Very soft sound. Cam 2 I hear nothing.

SWFEC Mod

Post by SWFEC Mod » Mon May 13, 2019 3:26 pm

Hello everyone. I visited the nest today.

:Vid: VIDEO: https://youtu.be/poM89DelRsk

E12 At Yonder Pond~ A Great Fishing Attempt & Beautiful Soaring 05-13-19

Resourceful E12 found an armored catfish head shell in the nest and worked to get every edible remaining bite from it. Then E12 'booked' their own flight to yonder pond, perching on the top of Mom's (old) favorite tree there. E12 watched the pond and perched quietly until Harriet arrived to the snag across the way. Then the vocalizations began while E12 continued to watch for fish in the pond. E12 took flight to the water, took perfect aim with their talons, grabbed and flew out from the pond top. But E12 missed the prize this time and flew to a snag by H. H flew off east and E12 flew southeast, circling and going higher, then soaring as beautifully as they did last week. E12 flew E-NE-N-NW-W, returning back to the nest tree after I went home for the day.

9.04.53E12watchpond.jpg
E12 watching for fish in the pond
9.40.19E12grab.jpg
E12 grabs for the fish!!
9.46.03E12goSOAR.jpg
E12 goes soaring again today
:ty: SWFEC team for all your observations!

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Mon May 13, 2019 3:44 pm

:eag: Good afternoon Vicki! :)
Thank you for sharing your wonder new :vid: from your visit to the nest tree area this morning!
It's so good to see E12 exploring the yonder pond area and then seeing her soaring high in the sky!
Have a good evening! 🌺 ~Journi
Click to enlarge s'caps

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Mon May 13, 2019 4:57 pm

:eag: 7:53pm - An adult is perched on the yonder pond snag tree.
51319 753p A ypnd.PNG
7:56pm - The adult leaves the snag tree and drops straight now below the tree line...
like it was hunting something.
51319 756p A leaves snag b.PNG
Click to enlarge s'caps

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Mon May 13, 2019 5:12 pm

:eag: 8:01pm - Both adults are now in the west pasture snag tree.
51319 8p As w past snag.PNG
8:02pm - The adult on the left leaves the W.P. (West Pasture) snag tree...
It looked like it was going towards the pond area...but I lost track of that adult.
51310 802p a leaves a.PNG
8:11pm - Well...that adult came back to the WP snag tree!
51319 810p a back.PNG
Click to enlarge s'caps

Journi
Topic Assistant

Post by Journi » Mon May 13, 2019 5:44 pm

:eag: 8:24pm - One adult is still in the WP snag tree...I then saw one adult flying towards the
WP snag tree but then made a quick U-turn and flew back towards the drive way pond direction.
It's too dark now to really see who's who and what's what! The zoomie zoomed to all the places where the
eagles normally go during this time of the night...but, I couldn't see E12.
51319 824p A wpstre.PNG
8:45pm - Still one adult is perched in the WPsnag tree that I can see.
(The other adult could have flown to the WP snag tree, but it's just too dark to see now.)
51319 845p 1 A wpsnag.PNG
8:45pm - No eagles are seen in the cam 2 view tonight.
51319 845p cam2 ntre.PNG
Click to enlarge s'caps

Return to “Archive - All Other North American Eagle Cams”