Edmonds Rd Bald Eagles, Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast, BC - 2021 & 2022 seasons

To store all archived 'Nests in BC - with Ground Observers' topics
stim
Content Provider

Re: Edmonds Rd Bald Eagles, Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast, BC - 2021 & 2022 seasons

Post by stim » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:30 pm

That's very interesting Heather because there used to be a nesting pair behind the General Store. Someone who works in the General Store told me a few years ago that they were then nesting on private property, direction being still in behind the store area. During that time there was a pair who used to perch closer to the pier, but on the General Store side of the roadway. I know we're talking years ago. Perhaps there is only 1 pair, hard to say! :dunno:
Well done with getting this nest so well covered.

heatherj
Content Provider

Re: Edmonds Rd Bald Eagles, Roberts Creek, Sunshine Coast, BC - 2021 & 2022 seasons

Post by heatherj » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:17 pm

Catching up on some old observations for this pair! :)

Its tough to say Sandra, and with my earlier visit being in January maybe they weren't in full nesting mode too.

I visited again on Feb 13 and both adults were in the area perched near the nest. I was able to get a fairly close pic of one of them
HWF_Edmunds_20220213_0739.jpg
HWF_Edmunds_20220213_0717.jpg
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:27 pm

I visited again on Apr 22 and saw 1 adult. I also found a possible view point from Edmonds Rd/Beach Rd. The shape of the tree in this pic is very similar to the long distance view at the start of this thread. Unfortunately I don't recall exactly where on Beach I got this viewpoint but I started walking back along Beach towards the village from the top of the Edmonds trail to the beach and didn't have to walk too far to see this tree on the beach side of the road.

If this is the nest tree, the nest in the fork of the tree looked a little broken down so maybe 2021/22 wasn't a successful year for this pair. :(
HWF_Edmunds_20220422_3712.jpg
HWF_Edmunds_20220422_3713.jpg
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:29 pm

I have recently moved away from the Sunshine Coast so will no longer be able to report on this nest. :( Eagles have been seen in this area for many years and I hope it will remain active for many more years. :luck: If the nest is in fact visible from Beach Rd, I hope that others will be able to monitor this pair, it would be great to find out how they are doing!

Good luck to Ma and Pa for this and future seasons! :rh:

Return to “Archive - Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”