Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2017/2018 Season

To store all archived 'Nests in BC - with Ground Observers' topics
sassyk
Content Provider

Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2017/2018 Season

Post by sassyk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Welcome to the Goldstream Eagles thread. This nest has been active for many years although I first observed it in Jan. 2014. This nest is near the Goldstream Marina a few miles north of Victoria and can be viewed from the upper public dock at the marina. However, the private docks are not accessible to the public unless you have permission. The eagles did not produce any young in 2015, however they did produce 2 eaglets in 2016 and 1 in 2017. Please feel free to post observations, photos, videos and discussion of these eagles if you visit their nest area.

Info and photos on these eagles can be found here and here and here on the old forum.
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for WiTS (Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2017/2018 Season

Post by sassyk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:38 pm

My birding partner has confirmed there were no eaglets in the nest this season :( She said an adult was in the nest incubating earlier in the season but no eaglets have popped up. I hope the eagles have better luck next season :luck:
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2017/2018 Season

Post by sassyk » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:51 am

A new thread has been opened for the 2018/2019 season. Please post your observations and photos on the new thread here.

This thread is now locked.

Return to “Archive - Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”