Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2019-2022 Seasons

To store all archived 'Nests in BC - with Ground Observers' topics
sassyk
Content Provider

Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2019-2022 Seasons

Post by sassyk » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:59 pm

Welcome to the Goldstream Eagles thread for the 2019-2022 seasons. This nest has been active for many years and the eagles have fledged many eaglets in past seasons. This nest is near the Goldstream Marina a few miles north of Victoria and can be viewed from the upper public dock at the marina. However, the private docks are not accessible to the public unless you have permission. There was 1 eaglet in the nest this past season and it fledged successfully.

Please feel free to post observations, photos and videos of these eagles if you visit their nest area.

Observations and photos from the 2018/2019 season can be viewed here.

Observations and photos from the 2017/2018 season can be viewed here.
Member since 21 June 2006
Volunteer Nest Monitor for Wildlife Tree Stewardship Program (WiTS)
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2019/2020 Season

Post by sassyk » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:19 pm

My birding partner reported seeing an adult in the nest a couple of weeks ago but no fuzzy heads popped up.
If you find a new nest, please contact me so it can be added to the WiTS mapping program.

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2019/2020 Season

Post by sassyk » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:06 pm

This has indeed been a very strange season for eagle watching. I have not been able to get out to the nests I monitor on a regular basis and have sadly missed a lot of the action at the nests. My birding partner has reported 1 eaglet has successfully fledged from the nest this season. I wish them luck with their travels to the salmon spawning grounds and hope to see them back in their territory within the next 2 months.

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2019/2020/2021 Seasons

Post by sassyk » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I have not been able to get out to check the activities of the eagles. Therefore this thread will be continuing to include observations, photos & videos of the eagles for the 2020/2021 nesting season. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the eagles will produce offspring this season :luck:

I hope to visit this nest area soon.

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:57 pm

Sadly the eagles did not produce any young this season :( We wish them safe travels during their migration to the salmon spawning grounds in Alaska, and look forward to their return to their nest area in the fall looking healthy and well fed :rh:

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:50 pm

I have locked this thread but will re-open it when the eagles are seen back in their nest territory :luck:

sassyk
Content Provider

Post by sassyk » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:54 pm

I have not been able to visit the nest site this fall but my birding partner will keep me updated and if she has any info to add I will post it.

I have unlocked this thread to include observations & photos of the eagles for the 2021-2022 season. You are welcome to post your observations and photos if you see the eagles in their territory.

sassyk
Content Provider

Re: Goldstream Eagles, Malahat BC - 2019-2022 Seasons

Post by sassyk » Sun May 28, 2023 9:55 pm

My birding partner visited the nest site recently but sadly the eagles don't appear to be nesting this season :( She did not see or hear any eagles in the area and the nest did not appear to have any nestorating done.

Return to “Archive - Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”