Wilson Creek Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC 2018-2022 Seasons

To store all archived 'Nests in BC - with Ground Observers' topics
heatherj
Content Provider

Re: Wilson Creek Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC 2018-2021

Post by heatherj » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:49 pm

Driving past the Wilson Creek mall today I saw an adult flying overhead into the territory carrying a big stick so perhaps this pair are doing some last minute nest repairs. :luck:
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

heatherj
Content Provider

Re: Wilson Creek Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC 2018-2021

Post by heatherj » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:40 pm

I visited the beach next to the Wilson Creek estuary on Aug 1 and Aug 8 and both times saw at least 1 adult perched near the estuary.
I saw 1 adult on Aug 1 and 2 adults on Aug 8. On Aug 8, 1 adult flew out over the water and looked as though s/he was going down to catch a fish but turned away and flew back to perch next to the adult waiting on a favourite tree. No juveniles seen in the ares.

It was low tide when I visited on Aug 8 so was able to get a good view of the trees behind the beach but still no luck at spotting the nest. :(

Pics to follow
What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

heatherj
Content Provider

Re: Wilson Creek Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC 2018-2021 Seasons

Post by heatherj » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:08 pm

2021/2022 season begins here

:luck: :luck: :luck:

heatherj
Content Provider

Re: Wilson Creek Bald Eagles, Sunshine Coast, BC 2018-2022 Seasons

Post by heatherj » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:29 pm

On Oct 8 stim reported a driveby sighting of an adult eagle perched on a tree near the creek mouth

:) :eagle:

stim
Content Provider

Post by stim » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:17 pm

Jan 20/22 Driving through Wilson Creek I spied an eagle perched very close to the estuary, facing the water and Stalashen nest. :thumlft:

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:38 pm

Thanks Sandra - I haven't been down to that beach for a while but its good to know that the adults are around again this season!

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Sun May 01, 2022 7:16 pm

I visited this beach last week (first time for a while!) and saw at least 1 adult and 1 juvenile in the area.

I was still unable to spot the nest but did see one or more adults perched near some large trees that could be suitable nest trees. I think the best chance is to park myself down there now that we are in the eaglet feeding phase and just watch! Hopefully an adult will take some food into a nest and I can find it that way

There are 2 adjoining properties where the nest could be and both are for sale. Finding the nest tree has become even more important so that it can be protected
HWF_WilsonCreek_20220428_4321.jpg
HWF_WilsonCreek_20220428_4373.jpg

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Thu May 05, 2022 4:25 pm

Good that eagles have been seen in the area!
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

heatherj
Content Provider

Post by heatherj » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:05 pm

Sadly I was unable to spend time watching this pair last summer so I have been unable to find the nest. :(

ALso I have recently moved away from the Sunshine Coast so will no longer be able to try to find it. :( This nest has been in use for a long time, and I hope it will remain active for many more years. :luck: The pair can be watched from the semi-public trail to the beach from McCullogh Rd. If anyone has time to just sit and watch them, with luck, it might be possible to work out where the nest is. Good luck to Ma and Pa for this and future seasons! :rh:

Return to “Archive - Nests in BC - with Ground Observers”