Harrison Mills Cam Info

Camera discussion for the Harrison Mills nest in Harrison Mills, British Columbia

Moderator: Harrison Mills TA's

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Re: Harrison Mills Cam Info

Post by Yolande » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 am

Hi Judy - just for interest's sake, this is the new 'thing' that I'm getting when I try to connect to the PTZ cams. There's a little message at the bottom right of the page that says Stream 1 failed and new transmission protocols will be applied - or something to that effect. I've attached a scap for your reference in case no-one else has mentioned it.

The frustrating thing is that I get as far as having active cam controls, but no visual...then the message pops up.

Here's the scap I just took:
Untitled 15130.jpg
Thanks, Judy..!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 am

Yolande wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 am
Hi Judy - just for interest's sake, this is the new 'thing' that I'm getting when I try to connect to the PTZ cams. There's a little message at the bottom right of the page that says Stream 1 failed and new transmission protocols will be applied - or something to that effect. I've attached a scap for your reference in case no-one else has mentioned it.

The frustrating thing is that I get as far as having active cam controls, but no visual...then the message pops up.

Here's the scap I just took:
Untitled 15130.jpg

Thanks, Judy..!
I've seen that from time to time, Yolande, including before we were having the sort of issues we're seeing this year, and I think someone else reported something similar recently, maybe at Delta - and I apologize for not responding then. When the cams are working somewhat normally, when I see that, usually I just reload the page and the stream loads correctly then. But when the signal from the site is having problems, that doesn't help.

Thanks for posting the image - and because it happened from time to time in previous years, I'm guessing it's not a clue to the current problems we're having. Though I could be wrong!

Yolande
Topic Assistant

Post by Yolande » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 am

Hi Judy, and thanks...I’m grasping at straws here...! ;)

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:57 am

I am getting this on t Mac
screenshot_02.jpg

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 am

I think (and I do not know if this is correct) that sometimes the basic control page is pulled from our cache - so we can see that even though we're not really connected with the cam that generates the page. The image of the nest won't come in because that's not a static thing that could be stored - and I've no clue if it sometimes does the stream not found thing in those circumstances, or if that's totally different.

Bev, is that what you sometimes see when you can't get the cam - or what you always see? And I'm thinking you need to switch to Stream 3 before you can see an image on the Mac - right?

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 pm

JudyB wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 am
I think (and I do not know if this is correct) that sometimes the basic control page is pulled from our cache - so we can see that even though we're not really connected with the cam that generates the page. The image of the nest won't come in because that's not a static thing that could be stored - and I've no clue if it sometimes does the stream not found thing in those circumstances, or if that's totally different.

Bev, is that what you sometimes see when you can't get the cam - or what you always see? And I'm thinking you need to switch to Stream 3 before you can see an image on the Mac - right?

Hi Judy that is only want I see when I can't get the cams..... and you are right ..when I can get the cams I switch to stream 3 ..like here
screenshot_13.jpg
Thanks .. Bev !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

Return to “Harrison Mills ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam”