General Announcements Posted to the Forum

To store general announcements posted to various threads on the forum. e.g. Cam cleaning dates, special events, messages from David Hancock, etc.
gemini
Admin

General Announcements Posted to the Forum

Post by gemini » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:08 am

Important Announcement!

David H. and the "Cam Cleaning Squad" will be attempting to clean the Delta2 cam today at 12:30 pm - weather permitting!

If the rain is too heavy and the tree is slippery, the cleaning will be postponed to a later date - hopefully in the next week or so! The date will be posted as soon as it is known.

gemini
Admin

Re: General Announcements Posted to the Forum

Post by gemini » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 am

The latest from David:

HI All Delta 2 Keeners; -- Just reviewed with Myles as a shower just started here after a few hours of 'dry'.

Myles is prepared to climb if the tree gets about an hour of drying out of the canopy.

The challenge is the ropes get very slippery.

We will probably go to the site as every area is different. ANd as we know Delta and WR get half the rain of downtown VR.

I will call Sharon and Jean from the site and ask then to forward to others our last minute decisions !

All we can do is 'give it a try"

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Cam Cleaning at Delta2 Postponed Because of Rain!

Due to the wet and unsafe conditions at the nest tree, David and Myles have decided to postpone the cam cleaning until Monday, Sept 17, 10:00 am. The weather is supposed to be better then and hopefully the conditions at the nest will improve.

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Cam Cleaning at Delta2 Postponed Because of Rain!

Due to the wet and unsafe conditions at the nest tree, David and Myles have decided to postpone the cam cleaning until Monday, Sept 17, 10:00 am when they will try again. The weather is supposed to be better then and hopefully the conditions at the nest will improve enough to try again.

Thanks for trying, David and Myles!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:01 am

Screenshots to use in Fall Matching Drive post (if I attach the images here, I can use IMG tags in the post, making it easier to post on multiple threads).
HM2018Fall_IrishEyes2.jpg
HM2018Fall_IrishEyes2.jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 10986 times
Dad and Lady, courtesy of IrishEyes

a_wr_2-490_x_340.jpg
a_wr_2-490_x_340.jpg (157 KiB) Viewed 10767 times
created by gemini

HM2018Fall_Yolande.jpg
HM2018Fall_Yolande.jpg (42.13 KiB) Viewed 9326 times
Chehalis Flats from the Harrison Mills cams,
courtesy of Yolande

WR2018Fall_DDuckies2.jpg
WR2018Fall_DDuckies2.jpg (31.52 KiB) Viewed 9239 times
Mom White Rock wants to know why you're not watching her!
Screenshot courtesy of DDuckies2

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Announcement

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that our tech person is planning to update the software for the forum this weekend. We've done a test run on a little forum, and that went well - so we're hoping this will too. But it may mean that the forum will be offline for a few hours while the actual update happens.

If we have any news while the update is going on, we'll be posting it here - http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewtop ... 1544#p1544; you don't need to register there to read the updates.

And with luck, it will be seamless enough that very few people will even notice. :)

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:45 am

Announcement

Hi everyone!

Well, our tech person tried to update the forum software last night, and it didn't go as planned. Fortunately he had a backup from yesterday morning, and was able to restore that, so we only lost the posts from yesterday. But we did lose a day's work - and we are sorry for that.

He has been doing more research, and thinks he understands what went wrong, and we really do need to do the update, so he may be trying again tonight or tomorrow night. As before, we expect the forum to be offline for perhaps an hour or two while the update loads - and we both have our fingers crossed that things will go smoothly and everything will be back to normal.

If we have any news while the update is going on, we'll be posting it on our backup WildlifeCamWatch forum here - http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewtop ... 1544#p1544; you don't need to register there to read the updates.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. :ty:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Tuesday, January 22, 3:15 pm

Ken will be doing some work on the Wowza server this evening, starting around 8 pm, so all the embedded cams will go offline at that time. Hopefully it won't take too long - and will help with some of the issues we've been having with the embedded cams.

Zoomers should be able to connect directly to the cams while the embedded cams are down, and the forum and archives should not be affected (though as I mentioned earlier, David Hathaway may try to do the update on the forum software tonight - but that's a separate project).

If I get any updates about the Wowza server, I'll post on the Report Cams Down thread - viewtopic.php?f=66&t=33

And if the forum is down, I'll post any updates on the WildlifeCamWatch backup forum - http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewtop ... &t=36#p655

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:20 pm

JudyB wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:14 pm
Tuesday, January 22, 3:15 pm

Ken will be doing some work on the Wowza server this evening, starting around 8 pm, so all the embedded cams will go offline at that time. Hopefully it won't take too long - and will help with some of the issues we've been having with the embedded cams.

Zoomers should be able to connect directly to the cams while the embedded cams are down, and the forum and archives should not be affected (though as I mentioned earlier, David Hathaway may try to do the update on the forum software tonight - but that's a separate project).

If I get any updates about the Wowza server, I'll post on the Report Cams Down thread - viewtopic.php?f=66&t=33

And if the forum is down, I'll post any updates on the WildlifeCamWatch backup forum - http://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewtop ... &t=36#p655
Thanks Judy for letting us know ...Good Luck ... Hope all goes smoothly !

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:26 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT
Hi everyone! We've done some work on the forum over the last couple of days which unfortunately made it harder for some people to log in and stay logged in. We think we've found and fixed the problem, but it may require folks to delete their browser cookies in order to log in.

We're still working on this, but have instructions for deleting cookies for several popular browsers here - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13&p=148341#p148341 - and you can probably find the method for other browsers on the internet - and we hope to add more tomorrow.

If you have any additional suggestions or would be willing to write instructions for one of the other browsers, please let me know!

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the work we've done will keep the forum more stable and hopefully more accessible.

If you can log in and post, if you have any questions or can help with additional instructions, please post on the Report Cams Down and Forum Errors thread in the Technical Help area.

If you cannot log in and post, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:42 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT
from JudyB

Hi everyone! I know that there have been at least several key observers who have been periodically kicked out of the forum while posting - and that's not the way it should work. We have a plan that may help - but it may mean that others will need to log back in.

If you cannot log in, once you bring up the forum, you should see a link at the bottom to delete cookies:

If that doesn't work, please look at the latest posts on our primary tech thread - start here - viewtopic.php?f=66&t=33&p=150536&sid=10 ... 7d#p150536

And if all else fails, send me an email - [email protected]

I apologize for the extra steps - but we are all doing all we can. Thank you for your patience, and it should all be working the way it should very soon.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:45 pm

forgot to post my attachment
20190204_008.jpg
20190204_008.jpg (2.12 KiB) Viewed 9082 times

Iona

Post by Iona » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi Judy

I am having the same problem as Bev. Every time I try to post I have to login again. I click the delete cookies bottom, and I have also done the delete all the time on Chrome. it hasn't helped.

I hope this will post,

Iona

txelements

Post by txelements » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:01 am

:wave: All

Trying your latest tip, JudyB.
Thanks for all the help and effort by you guys.

:bye 1:

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Screenshots for March 2019 Matching Drive post (if I attach the images here, I can use IMG tags in the post, making it easier to post on multiple threads).
20190304_020.jpg
20190305_007_SueB-a.jpg
d_helpus.jpg
d_helpus.jpg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 9000 times

Return to “HWF Forum Announcements”