General Announcements Posted to the Forum

To store general announcements posted to various threads on the forum. e.g. Cam cleaning dates, special events, messages from David Hancock, etc.
JudyB
Admin

Re: General Announcements Posted to the Forum

Post by JudyB » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:20 pm

Delta 2 - June 3 - Sandy_W
20220819_D2_2022-06-03_SandyW.jpg

Delta 2 - July 22 - Rose A
20220819_D2_2022-07-22_RoseA.jpg

French Creek - Dec 1 - JudyB
20211201_025.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:36 pm

Harrison Mills - April 11 - Heather L
20220819_HM_Apr 11_HeatherL.jpg

Harrison Mills - April 17 - JudyB
20220417_017.jpg

Surrey Reserve - May 8 - JudyB
20220509_006.jpg

Surrey Reserve - June 17 - JudyB
20220617_009.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:39 am

White Rock - August 20 - JudyB
202208020_001.jpg

White Rock - July 22 - Lynne
20220819_WR_Jul 22_Lynne.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:40 pm

Harrison Mills pics to use in observation thread

Harrison Mills, September 29 2012, Karen Bills (cams being installed)
harrisonmills_20120929_karenbills_large.jpg
Harrison Mills, July 23 2015, JudyB (top of nest tree)
harrisonmills_20150723_judyb_large.jpg
Sandpiper Golf Course, posted May 31, 2017 by gmorris
harrisonmills_20170531_gmorris_large.jpg
Gail's description: I see that there is some interest in the layout of the golf course and where the nest is in relation to the various fairways. I am attaching an aerial view I got last fall (2016) at the FVBEF which I marked to show (as best as I remember) where the nest is and also the tall fairway tree and Mom's perch. Her perch is, actually, off the map to the right of the blue rectangle, I believe. We cannot see the gazebo structure shown on the shoreline as it is behind the trees. The #10 fairway runs along Morris Valley Road to the nest, from the Sandpiper Inn parking lot, and is North/South I think. You can click the picture to enlarge. Ignore the yellow arrows...they were on the map to show the trail to the gazebo.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:37 pm

Misc Pics to use in Threads:

Decorah - credit Raptor Resource Project
20221005_004_Decorah.jpg

Surrey Reserve - showing the East and West nest supports/perches
20221014_005_SurreyDirections.jpg

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:01 am

For David's talk on Sunday, April 30, 2023
20230425_Hancock Bald Eagles in Surrey april 30 2023email.jpg

IrishEyes
Forum Assistant

Post by IrishEyes » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:23 am

Thank You Judy for jetting us know

Hugs Bev

HELPFUL HINTS.......Bev...member since 08/04/09

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:40 pm

Forum Update Scheduled
this evening - June 5, 2023

(our live streaming cams and the hancockwildlife.org website will not be affected)

Hi everyone! As you may have noticed, the forum has been sort of slow some of the time lately, taking longer than usual to open a thread or to import an attachment or to submit your post.

We (meaning our tech person, David Hathaway) has found a few things that should help, and he's planning to do the first one this evening. As you may know, the forum is huge - more than 650.000 posts and well over a million attachments - so it will take some time to run the update.

We are hoping the forum will be back online sometime tomorrow morning - but even though the test run went smoothly, it might take a bit longer than that. If we have additional updates, I'll be posting them on my WildlifeCamWatch website, which is sort of an emergency contact place for when this forum is down. The link to the update thread is is https://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewto ... 1632#p1632 in case you'd like to bookmark it; you don't need to be a member to read the updates.

Thanks for your patience as we work on this! Please feel free to share this announcement on other threads - I'll try to post on some of the more active threads, but need to leave soon, so am likely to miss some.

If the forum is going to be down longer than expected, I'll unlock wildlifecamwatch.com so those who wish to contact me or each other can join and post or use the pm system there. You can also email me at [email protected] or my private email which many of you know.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:36 am

Forum Update - Take 2
tonight - June 7, 2023 - starting around 9:30 pm

(our live streaming cams and the hancockwildlife.org website will not be affected)

Info below is about the same as I posted a couple of days ago:

Hi everyone! As you may have noticed, the forum has been sort of slow some of the time lately, taking longer than usual to open a thread or to import an attachment or to submit your post.

We (meaning our tech person, David Hathaway) has found a few things that should help, and he's planning to do the first one this evening. As you may know, the forum is huge - more than 650.000 posts and well over a million attachments - so it will take some time to run the update.

We are hoping the forum will be back online shortly after midnight - but even though the test run went smoothly, it might take a bit longer than that. If we have additional updates, I'll be posting them on my WildlifeCamWatch website, which is sort of an emergency contact place for when this forum is down. The link to the update thread is is https://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewto ... 1632#p1632 in case you'd like to bookmark it; you don't need to be a member to read the updates.

Thanks for your patience as we work on this! Please feel free to share this announcement on other threads - I'll try to post on some of the more active threads, but need to leave soon, so am likely to miss some.

If the forum is going to be down longer than expected, I'll unlock wildlifecamwatch.com so those who wish to contact me or each other can join and post or use the pm system there. You can also email me at [email protected] or my private email which many of you know.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:56 am

JudyB wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:36 am
Forum Update - Take 2
tonight - June 7, 2023 - starting around 9:30 pm

Info below is about the same as I posted a couple of days ago:

We are hoping the forum will be back online shortly after midnight - but even though the test run went smoothly, it might take a bit longer than that. If we have additional updates, I'll be posting them on my WildlifeCamWatch website, which is sort of an emergency contact place for when this forum is down. The link to the update thread is is https://www.wildlifecamwatch.com/viewto ... 1632#p1632 in case you'd like to bookmark it; you don't need to be a member to read the updates.

I think we're back!

Reminder for next time - the key appears to be changing the name of the cookies that the forum uses to keep track of us - which means that everyone will need to log in again, but hopefully once you do that, "remember me" will work as expected.

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:50 pm

Maps showing the paths of tagged eagles TERF26/Annie (blue-gray) and TERF31/Harbour Sun (light orange) to place on both of their pages.
20230717_009.jpg
20230717_010.jpg
20230717_011.jpg
Putting the maps here and then referencing them in the posts lets me upload them once and then view them in both places.

Return to “HWF Forum Announcements”