Re: Croydon Eagle Outrage

Croydon Eagle Nest Destruction Mitigation Effort - Website Link

Croydon Eagle Nest Destruction Mitigation Effort Website Sub-Links: Video; Mitigation; Strategy; Receive An Update; Reply;
Croydon Bald Eagle Nest Cut-Down

Croydon Bald Eagle Nest Cutdown - website Link:

Croydon Eagle Outrage – a Community Response – Website Link

Bald Eagle / Habitat Legal Issues - Website Link:

Link to Petition: Stop the illegal Destruction of Eagle Nests

Non-Members click here to join
gemini
Admin

Re: Re: Croydon Eagle Outrage

Post by gemini » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:52 pm

PRESS RELEASE

Hello, All Eagle lovers!

There will be a public demonstration at the Croydon nest site to express outrage over destruction of the Croydon Drive Bald Eagle Nest

Sunday, September 9

2:00 pm

Croydon Drive, Surrey

Local residents! Please come if possible!

(click here for map)

If you haven’t heard of the Croydon Eagle nest tree that was cut down by “vandals” in Surrey, BC recently, here is a link to the story and an update as to what is happening now.

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:33 am

Our Bald Eagles are protesting the loss of their nest: Please tell the world of the Croydon Eagle Outrage:

Please Come!

WHEN: Sunday, September 9, 2:00 PM

WHERE: At the site, off 24th Avenue (Grandview Corners), south on 160th Street (it becomes Croydon Drive south of SuperStore), at the corner of 20th Avenue.

An UPDATED map can be seen here:

For more details on the Croydon Eagle Destruction go to:

Thanks

David Hancock

marg
Content Provider

Post by marg » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Here's a link to the gathering today at the site where David with Mike and others talked about the Croydon nest ....that used to be there. Video by Christian.

https://youtu.be/HQSa1RBI8Bk
Sunshinecoast Marg
Member since 2006

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:38 pm

The Press covers the Croydon Eagle Outrage Protest!

From the Surrey Now-Leader

Check back for more links to come!

gemini
Admin

Post by gemini » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:23 am

Croydon Outrage Protest Report

Hi all:

Hancock here -- report on the "beginnings" of the Croydon Outrage.

First, let me thank all our directors, HWF supporters who helped and got very wet and the 30++ mail-forwarders from all those lower mainland conservation organizations who kept telling their members that this is important - and many who arrived wet. Thank you not just for all the work and the kind words but for recognizing that this is an important landmark.

Croydon in the rain can definitely be wonderful - in spite of vandalized bald eagle nest and tree - it was wonderful to hear what this nest – and others in the Valley - has meant to so many. Eagles have always been iconic to me - but always so reassuring that this species means so much for all habitat lovers.

I was so busy doing over 10 interviews that I hardly had time to thank the soggy participants and particularly all the writers, producers and camera crews who logged it out. Thanks.

I just noted that the last item to arrive was from Dennis Watson who posted us to his “Gangster Out Blog” - and posted the attached images that show some of the “Outrageous Followers” – thanks Dennis.

So now where? Now the two big issues.

1. We have to keep this Croydon Eagle Vandalism – hot and center. I want an eagle’s nest right away. The developer must surely be given this note. So here is ‘his’ moment to stand up and be counted as a positive force in Surrey. My number is: David 604 761-1025. Lets find some alternative for these eagles IMMEDIATELY - it does not have to be right on this spot and it does not have to involve pleading guilty to this vandalism. What this ‘goodness means is getting this wrong righted - and immediately”. This landowner is known – does he have a family who wants to be proud of him? Let’s make the eagles and the Surrey Residents happy.

2. This region is about to go into Civic Political Elections - we now need to develop a set of questions to probe the heart and minds of those wishing to seek our votes. This note is to those 30+ organizations OR ANY INDIVIDUALS who can help pose the right questions. Please write me. [email protected].

Thanks to all,
David Hancock

Mike Seear's letter

A few pictures from the event:
Attachments
03- Touching Epitaph at Croydon Nest.JPG
eagle1.jpg
eagle3.jpg
eagle4.jpg

Sandy_W
Topic Assistant

Post by Sandy_W » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:04 am

Just checking in to ask if there are any updates for the installation of a new eagle nest? Have the eagles who used the nest destroyed returned and or been seen? Hope this works out for the eagles. Thank you for all the work been done to bring this to the attention of the public.
“Eagles: When they walk, they stumble. They are not what one would call graceful. They were not designed to walk. They fly. And when they fly, oh, how they fly, so free, so graceful. They see from the sky what we never see.” – Unknown

JudyB
Admin

Post by JudyB » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:45 am

Sandy_W wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:04 am
Just checking in to ask if there are any updates for the installation of a new eagle nest? Have the eagles who used the nest destroyed returned and or been seen? Hope this works out for the eagles. Thank you for all the work been done to bring this to the attention of the public.
I asked David Hancock about this when I spoke to him on the phone yesterday, and it sounds as if not much has been done. As far as I know, they haven't been able to prove who damaged the tree, so no charges have been brought.

I hadn't realized that this nest is fairly close to the Surrey Reserve nest, and the fishing territory of the Croyden eagles is either adjacent or very close to the fishing territory of the Surrey Reserve eagles. We haven't seen any intruder issues at Surrey Reserve, so maybe they have found somewhere to nest. I'm sure David will be looking, and it will be easier to see now that the leaves are coming down off many of the trees.

Return to “Croydon Eagle Nest Destruction Mitigation Effort”