We encourage people to donate using CanadaHelps for a couple of reasons.
Hancock Wildlife Foundation is a registered non-profit organization in Canada, and CanadaHelps automatically provides a tax slip to donors. Their donation interface provides a space to send a message to HWF, and we like to know which of our nests you are watching.
You don't need to be in Canada to use CanadaHelps - and the rate of exchange right now is favorable to those of us in the United States - a donation of $250 Canadian dollars is currently (August 1 2021) about $200 US dollars, so if you give $250 through CanadaHelps (or PayPal), HWF gets $250 Canadian dollars, and the cost to you is based on the current rate of exchange.
You can also use the other methods on the Donations page, but it's not as easy to provide all the information, so if you're sending a check or planning to give a donation directly to someone at HWF, please let me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or gemini (email@example.com) know a donation is coming so it gets recorded.
The easiest way to adopt a nest is to
- go to the "Donations" page on our website (https://hancockwildlife.org/donations/)
- click the "Donate via CanadaHelps Now!" link
- enter the amount of your donation ($250 to adopt the nest of your choice for the coming year)
- pick "Adopt a Nest" from the drop-down Fund list (the default is a day with David Hancock)
- use the message box to say which nest you are adopting and how you would like your name to be listed
- fill in your contact information and credit card details, and
- click "Complete Donation Now"
And if you have any questions about any of this, please do contact me or gemini and we'll be happy to help.